People who want painless tattoos often resort to using a numbing cream. Majority of the tattooists available will be fine with their clients using a numbing cream. But this sometimes post a conflict to some tattooists because they do not want their clients to use a tattoo numbing cream. Here are 6 reasons why your tattooist hate the numbing cream:
- They still have a traditional thinking about the tattoo process – they still insist their own “old school” thinking that their clients need to feel the pain of the tattoo process. They cannot open their minds that more and more people want to get a tattoo but do not want to feel the pain.
- They want to get more money out of you – there are tattooists who charge based on how long it gets for you to get your tattoo done. They know that the numbing cream will help you make the tattoo process faster that’s why they will not allow you to use it.
- They think it will make the tattoo process longer – some tattooists think that using the numbing cream will cause a big hassle because there is some time involved applying and wiping it off before the procedure. The client, on the other hand, can just apply the numbing cream, like Dr. Numb which acts fast, one hour before they go to the tattoo shop, then wipe it off before the tattoo process. It does not even involve the time of the tattooist.
- They don’t believe it works – some tattooists are still skeptical about the numbing effects of this kind of product, but they haven’t even tried it themselves! High quality numbing cream brands like Dr. Numb already have a good reputation in the tattoo business, and these tattooists should be open to trying it at least.
- They think it interferes with the tattoo ink – there are numbing cream brands that have been formulated with the tattoo process in mind, like Dr. Numb. It does not affect the quality of the tattoo ink, so they should also try it out first since its already being used by other tattooists.
- They think tattoos are for tough people only – but how about the crowd who has a low tolerance to pain but still want to express themselves through body art like a tattoo? They should also have the chance to get tattooed with the help of a numbing cream.
Numbing creams for tattooing can benefit a lot of people, whether its the client or the tattooist. Both just have to be open to trying it out, follow the instructions on how to use the numbing cream, and they will realize that it helps them ease the pain associated in the tattooing process.