SNAKE BITE PIERCING- TIPS AND ADVICE
It is a quite popular body art style these days. Yes, it is attracting more and more young people. They are getting their lips pierced without any fear. But what is snake bite piercing?
How it differs from usual lip piercing?
Actually, it is a type of lip piercing which include two piercings done on the lips at an equal distance from the center of the lip. Hence, it offers a look similar to the fangs of a snake. Generally, a ring or a stud is worn in each piercing to bring out that classy look.
While it is commonly done on the lips, however, sometimes it is used for two piercings placed on the eyebrows, tongue, and cheeks too. So, a snake bite piercing comprises of two horizontal piercings on the opposite sides of the mouth, making it look like a snake bite.
Is it painful?
Just like any other piercing, even this includes insertion of needle through your skin’s surface. Hence, it will also cause some amount of pain. If you are planning to get it done, make sure you are ready for the pain. Else, keep a topical anesthetic cream handy. You can trust Dr. Numb for this purpose. It is a waster based solution which consist of numbing agent, lidocaine. This cream is trusted and recommended by experts as well.
Remember, you need to apply it 45 minutes before you step out your piercing session. On application, it will block the pain signals at the nerve endings and make it easy for you to get pierced. Another major problem with snakebite piercing is that it is more prone to infections in the pierced area.
How to keep snakebite piercing infection free?
It is extremely important to keep your lips clean and piercing away from infections. Below are listed some tips to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle for safer piercing;
- Not only piercing, but overall mouth care becomes necessary. So, brush your teeth twice a day with a soft bristled toothbrush and medicated toothpaste. Don’t forget floss your teeth after brushing to get rid of the bacterial formation.
- Sometimes inflammation can be encountered after piercing. But you don’t need to worry. You can consider taking Ibuprofen with medical guidance. This will help keep the swelling and tenderness at a bay. Plus, it will reduce the pain in the affected zone.
- You can ask your piercer to prescribe Vitamin B along with zinc supplements before the piercing procedure. Actually, it helps your healing process significantly.
- You must keep the pierced skin clean using a mild antibacterial non-perfumed soap and lukewarm water. You can later rinse it with a cotton ball.
- It is essential for you to wash your hands. So, clean out all contamination before you touch your pierced spot. Even if someone else is touching it, for any reason, ensure they wash their hands nicely before coming into contact with your piercing.
Remember, a proper care not only make the healing process faster, but also it will help your piercing stay perfect in the long run.
I want to share my experience with using Dr.numb. I tried nearly every other product when I got my tattoo work done and nothing, I mean absolutely nothing worked like Dr. Numbs cream. it honestly is the best on the market and I want to thank Dr.numb for having a solution to the pain. Thanks Dr. Numb!
I love this cream it works wonders. I was able to lay of the table while he worked on my tattoo for about 2 hours before I needed a break for a smoke. Great product!!
Wonderful for tattoos! Really helps with longer sessions. Applied thick and can't feel a thing. Would definitely recommend!
This is the 3rd time I have purchased this cream I like it a lot it does work just wrap the are for 30 minutes and done you won't feel a thing I have 3 big tattoos and I felt no pain using it
This stuff really does work and is well worth the $$. FYI, the longer you leave it on before a tattoo, the longer it lasts!!