Microdermabrasion: The Procedure And Benefits
Not only it is used for treating skin problems but also if you look forward to maintain a youthful appearance, you can trust this method. This means you don’t need to undergo those drastic cosmetic face-lifts. From sun spots to fine wrinkles and poor skin tone, everything can be treated using this amazing procedure.
How does microdermabrasion work?
To understand the working of a microdermabrasion device, you need to know that it has two functions.
- Exfoliation: The device will gently exfoliate your skin. Usually, a high-pressure is exerted with very small crystals over your skin. As far as the crystals are concerned, these are made up of a number of substances, such as aluminum oxide, sodium chloride, magnesium oxide, and even diamond.
Alternatively, you can also exfoliate your skin using a diamond-tipped device. The device will be drawn across your skin. While the tip of the device will be solid, there will be no need of crystals being fired around. This will be an easier way out.
- Removal of dead skin: Coming to next function, with a microdermabrasion machine the dead skin cells are removed, which were exfoliated in the first step. And the process is done by using a built-in vacuum. Basically, this vacuum sucks away the dead cells, and can adjust the suction pressure as per your need.
If you are thinking that the sole purpose of a microdermabrasion device to clearing away the dead skin cells merely, you need to check on some other advantages.
What are the benefits of microdermabrasion?
- Reduces pore size: This could be the most favorite reason of using microdermabrasion kit. It unclogs the pores and reduces the size of them. Though everyone has a certain pore size, yet it is due to some external factors which enlarge them. It can be due to hygiene or inflammation. But with this method you can clear the blockage and boost the circulation of the skin.
- Increased circulation: After a microdermabrasion session, you will benefit from improved blood and lymphatic circulation deep within the skin. Further this will improve the internal health of your skin. It is the enhanced blood flow which brings in more oxygen and nutrients. In short, it will improve the cell processes and boost the skin’s elasticity.
- Boosts product efficacy: As the process washes away the dead skin and promoting circulation, it also enhances the absorption of skincare products. Experts believe that it improved the effect by up to 50%. So if you are treating your skin for aging signs, after microdermabrasion your skin will be more receptive to every product being applied. You will benefit from the better results than it normally would.
With so many benefits there is one put out of this method. The process can painful.
Does microdermabrasion hurt?
It can be really uncomfortable experience for some. But this can be skipped off. How? It is possible with the help of Dr. Numb. This popular lidocaine cream alleviates the discomfort caused due to the procedure. As it dulls the pain receptors for three to four hours, it will make microdermabrasion pain-free.
This numbing cream has been used for years in the cosmetic world. Well-known for its application before procedures like waxing, tattooing, piercing, and laser treatments, it comes with 5% lidocaine. Hence, it is safe to use and works efficiently in making the process hurtles.
I want to share my experience with using Dr.numb. I tried nearly every other product when I got my tattoo work done and nothing, I mean absolutely nothing worked like Dr. Numbs cream. it honestly is the best on the market and I want to thank Dr.numb for having a solution to the pain. Thanks Dr. Numb!
I love this cream it works wonders. I was able to lay of the table while he worked on my tattoo for about 2 hours before I needed a break for a smoke. Great product!!
Wonderful for tattoos! Really helps with longer sessions. Applied thick and can't feel a thing. Would definitely recommend!
This is the 3rd time I have purchased this cream I like it a lot it does work just wrap the are for 30 minutes and done you won't feel a thing I have 3 big tattoos and I felt no pain using it
This stuff really does work and is well worth the $$. FYI, the longer you leave it on before a tattoo, the longer it lasts!!