Make Your Own Hair Removal Wax
Unwanted hairs are the thorns of the rose that are to be removed to enhance the beauty of the rose. Many treatments are available to get rid of these unwanted hairs: Shaving, Waxing and laser treatment. The long waiting time of salons, the pain, and the cost are mere headache. Such factors obfuscate people making them think whether to go ahead for such treatments or not?
Image Credits : Pinterest.com
The statistics show that shaving is most preferred by the women of USA being choice of 58% women to get rid of unwanted hairs. But knowing the fact that waxing is more effective and wax can be prepared at home, women are switching towards waxing as an alternate to shaving.
Just ponder on some ingredients in your kitchen, gather them and your in-house prepared wax is ready in few pennies. Let’s get into depth on how to prepare wax at the home to remove the unwanted hair.
- Be a good cook- Prepare the mixture
- Note down the ingredients you will need. Mix 2 cups of sugar, 1/4th cup of lemon juice and 1/4th cup of water in a small pan. Tea tree oil can be added to the mixture to get a good fragrance.
- Place the pan over a stove and heat the mixture over a medium flame.
- Consistently stir the mixture keeping a good eye at it as the sugar will be hot and very foamy.
- Suddenly the mixture will change its color to golden. This is the perfect time to stop stirring and turn off the heat. Make sure you don’t consume the mixture as it will smell delicious.
- Take the mixture in the spoon and let it get cool in your refrigerator. It is to test the quality of the wax prepared. A thicker wax than honey is advisable.
- If desired thickness is not achieved, again heat the mixture till the effective thickness is achieved.
- Once you achieve the correct thickness, pour the mixture into a jar and let it cool for around 2 hours. If you want to use it later, refrigerate the same.
What’s the fun to prepare the mixture if you don’t use it
Before you go ahead with application of the wax, Please note the following points:
- Warm the wax in microwave for 10-30 seconds. If the wax is still warm, you can use the same as it is.
- Check for the length of your hair. Too short or too long hairs are not preferred. For comfortable waxing and easy gripping, the hair height of 3-6mm is preferred.
- Open the pores of your skin by using scrub on the area to be treated and then wash it off. It will allow easy hair removal.
- To help the wax to get stick to your skin properly and achieve a painless treatment, apply some powder in prior to absorb moisture and grease from the skin.
- Apply your precious homemade wax on the desired area using a blunt knife or wooden tongue depressor. Make sure you apply the wax in the same direction of hair growth. As soon as you are done with application of wax, immediately stick strip over the treated area. Use a strip of cloth to smooth it in the direction of hair growth. Ensure that the strip is stick to your hair well enough.
- Get ready for the climax and the speedy process now. Just hold the end part of the strip tightly and pull the strip off against the direction of hair growth. Do this as quickly as possible for the effective result.
- Repeat the process until you have waxed off all the unwanted hair. But repeating the process for more than 2 times is not preferred as it can cause redness and irritation to skin.
- Once you are done, wash away the treated area with cool water followed by application of aloe vera gel to soothe the area.
- Store the wax in an airtight container and keep the same in refrigerator. The lifetime of the wax is for about 2 months if kept in freezer and for about 2 weeks if preserved in refrigerator.
There is no doubt in the fact that waxing is a painful process. But you need not worry about the pain. Many good, effective topical numbing creams are available in market. They can be used in prior to the treatment to experience a painless fairytale. Dr numb is the FDA approved; most advised topical numbing cream which features highest permissible Lidocaine content i.e. 5%.
The correct way to apply the cream is as follows:
- Wash the area to be numbed thoroughly with soap and water and pat dry.
- Now wearing surgical gloves, apply a generous layer of numbing cream using a good part of your hand.
- Now cover the creamed area with a cling wrap or cling film for about 45 minutes to one hour.
- Do not leave the cream applied for more than an hour.
I want to share my experience with using Dr.numb. I tried nearly every other product when I got my tattoo work done and nothing, I mean absolutely nothing worked like Dr. Numbs cream. it honestly is the best on the market and I want to thank Dr.numb for having a solution to the pain. Thanks Dr. Numb!
I love this cream it works wonders. I was able to lay of the table while he worked on my tattoo for about 2 hours before I needed a break for a smoke. Great product!!
Wonderful for tattoos! Really helps with longer sessions. Applied thick and can't feel a thing. Would definitely recommend!
This is the 3rd time I have purchased this cream I like it a lot it does work just wrap the are for 30 minutes and done you won't feel a thing I have 3 big tattoos and I felt no pain using it
This stuff really does work and is well worth the $$. FYI, the longer you leave it on before a tattoo, the longer it lasts!!