Hemorrhoids: Types and Symptoms!
Among the population ranging from 45 to 75 year, hemorrhoids are fairly common. While there are many who are aware of the most common hemorrhoid symptoms, but others might not be. These can range anything from mild itching to the severe pain and bleeding. Hence, you must know about them; find out in detail here.
Hemorrhoids or piles are said to occur when the veins in the skin, around the anus or in the lower rectum become swollen and inflamed. It is a painful ailment which often the result of straining when a person make a bowel movement. Although these are generally not life-threatening or dangerous, but yes, they are painful.
Basically, there are two types of hemorrhoids, i.e. internal and external.
- Internal hemorrhoids: These develop inside the rectum and these hemorrhoids usually don’t hurt. However, the problem is that this might cause you bleeding in a painless manner. Also, in some cases, it may protrude through the anus. Thus causing prolapsed condition which when occur usually shrink back inside the rectum.
- External hemorrhoids: This type of hemorrhoids develops around the outside of the anus, under the skin. It is highly itchy and painful. Also, it might make you feel lumpy.
What are the symptoms of hemorrhoids?
As far as the signs and symptoms of hemorrhoids are considered, it includes:
- Greater discomfort and pain
- Swelling around the anus
- In some cases, a lump near your anus is formed which might be sensitive or painful
- Leakage of feces
- Bleeding during bowel movements, which might be painless or painful. (In some cases you might notice small amount of bright red blood in the toilet bowl or on your toilet tissue)
- Irritation or itching in your anal region
Well that’s not all; reason being hemorrhoid symptoms typically depends on the location. In case of the internal hemorrhoids, these lie inside the rectum. And hence, you usually can’t see or feel these hemorrhoids. The only good thing is that they usually don’t cause discomfort. However, straining or irritation during the passage of stool can damage a hemorrhoid’s delicate surface, which also causes it to bleed. Also, straining can push the internal hemorrhoid toward the anal opening. It is termed to protruding or prolapsed hemorrhoid. This is often highly painful and causes severe irritation.
On the other hand, in case of external hemorrhoids which are said to found under the skin around your anus, it can itch severely and make feel irritated or itch. Sometimes blood can too pool in case of external type. It might also form a clot which then results in severe pain, swelling and inflammation.
So, when to visit your doctor?
Although the slight pain and itching are reason enough to call up your doctor, yet if you are a person with greater patience level, you must use this checklist to know when it becomes compulsory to visit a doctor for sure:
- Are you experiencing any sort of rectal bleeding?
- Are the hemorrhoids causing you greater pain or discomfort?
- Is the problem persisting despite of trying over-the-counter hemorrhoid creams or other natural remedies?
- When you pass stools, do they look maroon in color or tarry in color? Do you observe sign of bleeding?
- Are you feeling a large amount of rectal bleeding, that too often accompanied by dizziness or faintness?
In case, the answer to these questions is – YES. Make sure to seek emergency medical care immediately.
Though hemorrhoids fall in the category of minor health problem, but you cannot let that notion to keep you from getting checked. If you ultimate goal is hemorrhoid relief, or a healthy life, you must take it seriously!
I want to share my experience with using Dr.numb. I tried nearly every other product when I got my tattoo work done and nothing, I mean absolutely nothing worked like Dr. Numbs cream. it honestly is the best on the market and I want to thank Dr.numb for having a solution to the pain. Thanks Dr. Numb!
I love this cream it works wonders. I was able to lay of the table while he worked on my tattoo for about 2 hours before I needed a break for a smoke. Great product!!
Wonderful for tattoos! Really helps with longer sessions. Applied thick and can't feel a thing. Would definitely recommend!
This is the 3rd time I have purchased this cream I like it a lot it does work just wrap the are for 30 minutes and done you won't feel a thing I have 3 big tattoos and I felt no pain using it
This stuff really does work and is well worth the $$. FYI, the longer you leave it on before a tattoo, the longer it lasts!!