Getting Rid Of Your Chest Hair: A Good Choice Or Not?
If your hairy chest is becoming a major problem, you might be considering waxing. However, it can be frightening for most of the men as they are new to the process. Find out pros and cons of waxing your chest, and some other tips to take a wise decision.
Hairiness is no more ‘in’ for men!
Gone are the days of Neolithic Age where women considered a man’s chest hair to be sexy. The modern-day ladies are no more in love with a man’s body hair. So, maybe you are thinking about waxing your chest? Certainly, it is not an easy decision. But you are not alone!
Pic Credit:- askmen.com
Do you know 11 percent of male US residents reported using hair wax every day? Yes, the sign of manliness (…so-called) is becoming intolerable for varying reasons. Hence, if you are unable to decide whether waxing is a good option for you or not, here is some help.
First, have a look at some of the pros and cons of waxing your chest.
Women Appreciate Smoothness: As per the Esquire Magazine reports, just twenty-eight percent of women consider a hairy chest to be sexy. Simply, showing off your buff, hairy physique, at the beach or pool, is not going to help. As you have very fewer chances of being considered hot by the opposite gender, you can consider waxing.
Make you beach-ready
When it comes to beach parties, the hairless beach physique is always on trend. So, whether you are going to the beach for fun, or to parade your physique, removing your chest hair will boost your confidence multifold. You can flaunt your chest the way you want.
It will be painful
There is no dearth of hair removal products these days. However, if you are considering wax for a clear chest, you need to know that it is a painful process. Yes, you have to go through pain to achieve the pleasure of having a smoother physique. But wait!
There is a solution- Dr. Numb. Being one of the finest quality numbing creams, it is available over the counter and can be used for blocking pain signals. It will make waxing painless. Just apply it 45 minutes before you step out for a waxing session. The treated area will not experience any pain or discomfort, at least for three to four hours.
In all, there is no as such disadvantage of getting waxed, isn’t it? Plus, you will enjoy all the benefits of hair-free skin. So, are you ready for it? Want to know how to do it at home? Check out the detailed process here!
How to do waxing at home (for chest hair)?
To start with the waxing, you will need some essential supplies. Here’s the list of things required;
- Wax warmer
- Wax applicator (popsicle sticks work)
- Wax Strips
- Rubber gloves
- Pre-wax cleanser
- A topical anesthetic cream.
- Post-wax lotion or aloe lotion
- Wax Remover
- Baby powder
Make sure you have all these items before you start the process. Most of these supplies listed above come in a kit. Just ensure that you buy a softer wax intended for coarse hair.
How to wax your chest?
When you have all your supplies ready, you are ready to start.
- Firstly, trim your hair to the proper length. This means if your hair is shorter than a quarter inch, these are too short to wax and if it is longer than a half inch, trim down.
- Use a gentle soap to wash your chest and dab dry.
- You can apply a pre-wax cleanser and then pat dry again.
- Now apply a thick layer of Numb over the area to be treated. Let it be there for 45 minutes.
- You can remove the excess of Dr. Numb and dust your chest with baby powder.
- With gloves on your hands use the wax applicator or Popsicle stick to apply wax. You need to this in the direction of hair growth. The rule is to apply in a small section at a time. Plus, do not spread it on thickly.
- With a slight pressure use a strip over the wax in the direction of growth, and pull it off. Do it as fast as you can, but do not pull down or up. You need to fully remove the strip. And if any loose hair remains where you’ve just waxed, you can repeat the process.
- Repeat the above two steps until you are satisfied with how your chest looks.
- You can tweeze any leftover hairs that you can’t wax off.
- Then clean off the stickiness from the wax with the help of a post-wax remover.
- Lastly, apply a calming lotion to soothe your skin. Though there are specific lotions available which are designed to be used after a wax, yet you can use any aloe-based lotions too.
Now you are ready to go!
I want to share my experience with using Dr.numb. I tried nearly every other product when I got my tattoo work done and nothing, I mean absolutely nothing worked like Dr. Numbs cream. it honestly is the best on the market and I want to thank Dr.numb for having a solution to the pain. Thanks Dr. Numb!
I love this cream it works wonders. I was able to lay of the table while he worked on my tattoo for about 2 hours before I needed a break for a smoke. Great product!!
Wonderful for tattoos! Really helps with longer sessions. Applied thick and can't feel a thing. Would definitely recommend!
This is the 3rd time I have purchased this cream I like it a lot it does work just wrap the are for 30 minutes and done you won't feel a thing I have 3 big tattoos and I felt no pain using it
This stuff really does work and is well worth the $$. FYI, the longer you leave it on before a tattoo, the longer it lasts!!