Dr. Numb - Topical Numbing Cream for Immunization
Immunization is must for each one of us to strengthen our immune system and prevent the outbreak of diseases which may become chronic. Immunization is the way to a healthy life which is free of diseases. That’s why health professionals, medical researchers, and professional medical organizations (such as the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Academy of Family Practice Physicians) strictly recommend immunization.
Immunization not just protects one person but it also protects the ones around him/her. For example: If somebody in a household gets chicken pox then others are also likely to get it. But if everyone is immunized against it then it increases the safety.
Since prevention is better than cure therefore, it is must to get immunized to prevent infectious disease.
Importance of Immunization
- Vaccinations are the best way to prevent serious complications of the diseases which have no medical treatments.
- Although people with impaired immune systems cannot develop immunity after being vaccinated but if others are vaccinated they can be saved from the deadly diseases.
- The cost of immunization is much less than the cost of treatment of a particular disease. Immunization can also prevent the disease from reaching a complicated stage.
- If more and more people are made aware about the importance of immunization it decreases risk of an epidemic and thus saving large communities.
Important Facts About Immunization
- In the last 60 years vaccination has eradicated deadly diseases like smallpox and close to eradication of polio.
- Vaccination prevents 2.5 million deaths every year.
- Vaccines can cause “herd immunity” that means if the majority of people in a community are vaccinated against a disease then it decreases the risk of that disease in an unvaccinated person because others are less likely to get sick and spread the disease.
- Between the year 2000 and 2008 vaccines reduced measles deaths by 78% all over the world and by 92% in sub-Saharan Africa.
- As per researchers there can be a malaria vaccine for children by 2015.
- Immunization involves pain and trauma still it is must for everyone to go for it.
How To Deal With Pain Involved With Immunization?
Since immunization involves pain which can be traumatic for children and sensitive people therefore numbing creams are used. Numbing creams help to numb the area where the immunization is to be given. This reduces the pain to be felt and makes it easier for the person to get immunized.
Dr Numb is a popular numbing cream which is used by doctors to give their patients a pain free experience. It contains the safe amount of Lidocaine as recommended by FDA. The effect of Dr Numb cream lasts up to 2-3 hours which is good enough for the treatment to complete. It makes easier to get immunization for children who usually scream and shout at that time.
How to use Dr numb?
Dr Numb cream can be availed as an over the counter drug or even bought online. The procedure to use it is simple and quick. You just need to put it over the area where it is to be applied. Then cover the skin area with a saran wrap and leave it undisturbed for some time. Remove the wrap after 30-45 minutes or ask your doctor for instructions. If you start feeling numbness then you are ready to get vaccinated.