Kat Von D’s wild popularity and signature fashion style makes her a great candidate for flattering imitation this Halloween. There is only one Kat Von D, but you can have fun being Kat for a day! Here’s how to do it.
Time Required: Approx 30 – 45 Minutes
- Clothing – put on black jeans and whatever shirt you have chosen.
- Makeup – You’ll want to go very heavy on the black eyeliner, black mascara and dark eye shadow. Apply a dark pink/berry shade of blush high on the cheek line and then apply red lip liner and fill in with red lipstick.
- Tattoos – draw small stars around the left eye with the black Sharpie marker. It’s not possible or necessary to recreate all of Kat’s many tattoos, but if you’re feeling creative you can also draw a rose with leaves on the right side your neck and the name “Oliver” in script (cursive) underneath.
- Hair – put on the dark wig unless your own hair is close enough. Push any bangs over to one side. You can put hairspray on a wig if needed.
- Accessories – Place glasses on the top of your head, put on the wristband (left wrist), put the belt on loosely over your clothes – not through belt loops. Put on the big hoop earrings. Last but not least, put on those boots!
- Your shirt options are quite vast. Kat wears a lot of tank tops, Band Ts (cut into tank tops), layered camis, and anything “funky” or gothic.
- If you feel “bare” not having tattoos all down your arms, you can draw more pictures on your arms or just cover up with a camouflage or funky jacket of some kind.
What You Need:
- Long jet black wig or possibly one with some red highlights
- Black jeans and funky black shirt or tank
- Wide black studded or riveted belt
- Black combat or work boots
- Wrist sweat band – white, red/white/blue, black
- Huge silver hoop earrings
- Oversized aviator-style plastic sunglasses
- Dark eye makeup, dark pink blush, bright red lipstick (best with red liner)
- Black Sharpie marker