Pain and Fear Issues:
For a lot of people, the biggest obstacle to overcome when deciding whether or not to get a tattoo is the pain or fear factor. Does it really hurt that bad? Is it worth it? What can you do to reduce the level of pain during the procedure? The following links deal with issues of pain and overcoming your fears.
Moral, Ethical and Social Issues:
Maybe you can get a tattoo, but should you? These articles deal with helping you to decide if getting a tattoo is personally acceptable.
Choosing the Perfect Design:
Choosing a design that you will be happy with for the rest of your life can be quite a challenge. These articles will help you pick the right tattoo for you.
The Right Artist for the Job:
Choosing the right artist and the right studio go hand in hand. A stellar artist is worthless if the shop’s santitation practices are lacking. Likewise, a super clean shop doesn’t make up for an artist lacking in skill.
Getting a Tattoo – What to Expect:
If you’ve never gotten a tattoo before, you may be wondering what to expect. Familiarizing yourself with the process can help you feel more prepared and less nervous.
Aftercare for Your New Tattoo:
Taking really good care of your tattoo during the first couple of weeks is essential to the outcome of your artwork.
Keeping Your Tattoo Beautiful for Years:
The last thing you want to do is ruin a tattoo that you put so much money and care into. Here’s how to keep it looking like new for many years.
Other Related Information:
The more information you have before getting a tattoo, the better. Here are some additional resources that may be helpful.
- Flash Faux Pas and Tattoo Etiquette
- Body Piercing Basics for Beginners
- Beginner’s Guide to Getting a Tattoo
- personal experience – first tattoo
- Laser Tattoo Removal: A Guide to Potential Patients and Their Health Advisers
- Advice to Tattoo Removal Patients
- Tattoo 101 – Planning, Getting and Caring for a Tattoo
- Tattoo Etiquette – A Tattoo Artist Vents About Disrespectful Clients
- Tattoo Aftercare Contradictions – Product and Procedure
- Frequently Asked Questions About Getting a Tattoo