Why Tattoo Artists Like to Use Dr. Numb Cream Instead of Other Brands?
The act of tattooing is intensely painful. Obviously, when the needle pierce into the skin and draws over it, we feel pain. However, the extent of pain depends upon the size of the tattoo, the tattoo artist and the pain threshold of the person.
To ward off the pain, tattoo artists suggest their clients to use a numbing agent prior to undergoing the tattoo process. A numbing agent makes the skin area frozen so that the client does not feel any pain.
Since, body styling and dermal procedures have become common today, including methods like tattooing, body piercing, waxing, laser, fraxel, etc., there are myriads of numbing creams available in the market. But, not every numbing cream is the best.
Among the top list of numerous numbing solutions, Tattoo artist usually rely on Dr. Numb for getting rid of pain effectively. Having a quality, safe numbing cream like Dr. Numb can help you make tattooing an enjoyable experience.
Here are the reasons why tattoo artist prefer Dr. Numb for tattooing.
Dr. Numb Numbing Agent for Tattooing
The reason why Dr. Numb is so popular today is its key constituent Lidocaine. Lidocaine is an anesthetic agent that effects highly if used in right amount. When you apply Dr. Numb before undergoing a painful process on the skin area that is to be tattooed, this powerful topical anesthetic blocks your nerve endings, making it impossible for them to transmit pain signals to your brain. When the pain signals don’t reach the brain, you don’t feel any pain. The numbing effect remains for three to hours and you hardly feel any pain while needles pierce your skin.
Why Dr. Numb is the best?
- numb constituents Lidocaine, that too in 5% amount which is approved by FDA and is said to be the required amount for effectiveness. In addition, it also contains Vitamin E that helps in healing of skin tissues. The presence of these ingredients makes Dr. Numb safe and natural.
- The main ingredient in Dr. Numb is Lidocaine, which is one of the strongest topical anesthetics. This is why it is highly effective.
- It shows results within a couple of minutes of use that may last nearly four hours. This means that you not only feel numbness while undergoing the painful procedure but even after the procedure is over. This saves your from freaking out post procedure.
- The numbing effect is so strong that you feel little or no pain while the pigment penetrates into your skin’s dermal layer with needles.
- As said earlier, Dr. Numb is natural. This makes it a side-effect free numbing agent.
- The cool part when it comes to using Dr. Numb in tattooing is that it not at all affects your tattoo ink or tattoo. So, you need not to worry about your tattoo design being distorted with its use.
How Does Dr. Numb work?
When you apply Dr. Numb onto the skin, it creates a barrier between the nerves and the brain by blocking the pain signals released by the nerve endings. This is the reason you feel no pain at all.
Consider taking certain precautions, when using Dr. Numb, including:
- Cleaning and drying the area to be treated properly.
- Applying a thick layer and rubbing gently.
- Covering the creamed portion with a saran wrap only.
Remember to follow these instructions carefully. In case, your skin is too subtle, consider consulting a dermatologist or an expert tattoo artist before using an over the counter topical numbing cream.
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a public health advisory warning in 2007 regarding the use of Numbing Creams. According to this:
- A numbing Cream should be used in the presence of a clinician.
- Avoid applying them for an extended period of time.
- Should not be applied over a large surface of the skin.
- Should not be used over inflamed or irritated skin.
These guidelines should always be followed while using topical anesthetics to avoid life threatening effects. Over time, many over-the-counter anesthetics have taken over the market. To ensure their safety, FDA has prescribed the right amount of Lidocaine composition they should contain. Therefore, make sure to check this percentage before purchasing a numbing cream.
I want to share my experience with using Dr.numb. I tried nearly every other product when I got my tattoo work done and nothing, I mean absolutely nothing worked like Dr. Numbs cream. it honestly is the best on the market and I want to thank Dr.numb for having a solution to the pain. Thanks Dr. Numb!
I love this cream it works wonders. I was able to lay of the table while he worked on my tattoo for about 2 hours before I needed a break for a smoke. Great product!!
Wonderful for tattoos! Really helps with longer sessions. Applied thick and can't feel a thing. Would definitely recommend!
This is the 3rd time I have purchased this cream I like it a lot it does work just wrap the are for 30 minutes and done you won't feel a thing I have 3 big tattoos and I felt no pain using it
This stuff really does work and is well worth the $$. FYI, the longer you leave it on before a tattoo, the longer it lasts!!