Top 11 Ways To Make Waxing Less Painful
Waxing is one of those beauty regimens that people do to remove unwanted body hair, especially in the legs, armpit and bikini area. Waxing is almost like ripping your skin off, which makes it pretty painful if you have a lower tolerance to pain. But there are ways to make the pain more tolerable. Here are the top 11 ways to make the waxing process less painful:
- Avoid any kind of exfoliation Within 24 hours prior to your waxing appointment. Exfoliation can irritate your skin
- Make sure your skin is clean and dry. A warm bath before waxing will soften hair and slightly open the pores. Don’t use any lotion or oils though since this will interfere with the wax’s ability to grip hair.
- For women, avoid waxing within a week before your period because your skin is extra-sensitive to pain. Do it a week or two after your period so your pain threshold is higher.
- Try taking an ibuprofen about an hour before waxing. The ibuprofen can help control the pain as well as any resulting inflammation.
- If you are waxing in the bikini area, change into a pair of loose-fitting, clean cotton underwear after the waxing. The synthetic fibers or tight pairs may irritate your newly waxed skin and lead to clogged pores, which can develop in painful ingrown hairs.
- Don’t pinch the skin and do not remove the ingrown hairs. This can leave you bruised and worsen the situation. Instead, try applying an over-the-counter antibacterial ointment, such as Polysporin, over the affected area.
- Take a deep breath when applying wax, and a short, strong exhale when you pull the strip off your skin.
- Always pull skin taut, and pull the wax strip in the opposite direction of hair growth. This dramatically increases the effectiveness of the waxing and also dramatically reduces the pain.
- To keep skin smooth, exfoliate the area two days after you wax, and every second day thereafter. Aloe and water-based lotions are safe to use, but avoid applying deodorant if you’ve just banished hair from your underarms.
- After getting waxed, avoid anything to do with heat, such as hot baths and going under the sun.
- Try to use a numbing cream in the area to be waxed 1 hour before the procedure. The numbing cream will numb your skin so you would not feel the pain of waxing.
Waxing does not need to always be a painful experience. Once you get a hang of these tips, you’ll realize that controlling the pain associated with waxing is surprisingly easy. If you have any other tips, do write them down in the comments!
I want to share my experience with using Dr.numb. I tried nearly every other product when I got my tattoo work done and nothing, I mean absolutely nothing worked like Dr. Numbs cream. it honestly is the best on the market and I want to thank Dr.numb for having a solution to the pain. Thanks Dr. Numb!
I love this cream it works wonders. I was able to lay of the table while he worked on my tattoo for about 2 hours before I needed a break for a smoke. Great product!!
Wonderful for tattoos! Really helps with longer sessions. Applied thick and can't feel a thing. Would definitely recommend!
This is the 3rd time I have purchased this cream I like it a lot it does work just wrap the are for 30 minutes and done you won't feel a thing I have 3 big tattoos and I felt no pain using it
This stuff really does work and is well worth the $$. FYI, the longer you leave it on before a tattoo, the longer it lasts!!