Getting a tattoo is painful in itself, but there are certain areas in the body where it is more painful than the others. So painful that people squirm or even faint! Here we list down the top 10 most painful areas to have a tattoo as stated by tattoo professionals:
1. Spine – The spine area is a very bony part and the skin is thin. Combine those two conditions and the result is a painful tattoo process.
2. Bikini area – The bikini area obviously is quite painful, since its nearest a very sensitive part of your body.
3. Inside of the wrist – The skin on the inner wrist is thin, and this area is the junction for a bundle of nerves.
4. Knee, Elbow, Ankle – Like the wrist, the skin of the knees, elbows and ankles are thin, and it can be easier for the tattoo needle to jar the bone. Tattoos in these spots can also take longer to heal, because you are constantly moving your joints. While it might be tempting to avoid the pain by going for the inner elbow or behind the knee, those areas also contain tons of nerves and are highly sensitive to touch, so they’ll likely be just as painful.
5. Rib cage – The skin on the rib cage area is very thin that you are almost getting tattooed to the bones.
6. Neck – The neck area is constantly moving so it also takes more time to heal.
7. Foot – There is hardly any muscle tissue on the foot that’s why the pain is augmented. It takes at least 2-3 weeks for it to heal, and some tattoo artists refuse to tattoo on this area.
8. Lip – The absence of fatty tissue in the inner lip causes the lack of cushion for the pain.
9. Anywhere around the eye – The eyes are a very delicate part of the body. The skin surrounding it is thin and sensitive as well. It also takes more time to heal because the eyelid area is always moving.
10. Behind the ear – Skin on this area is also thin making the nerves more sensitive to pain.
If you have a tattoo in any of these areas, congratulations, you survived! Let us know your experience in the comments!