Pruritus Ani: Occurrence and Itching!
If you are dealing with anal itching these days, don’t be embarrassed. You need to know that you are not the only one. Also referred to pruritus ani, it is a common ailment which people suffer from. Yes, hundreds of thousands people across the world are in the same fix. Find out more information here.
When it is about the most common dermatological problems, people often hesitate to share their views about these. Pruritus ani is among one such problem. Defined as an unpleasant skin sensation, this is well known to cause a great urge to scratch.
Actually, the occurrence of pruritus in the body can be both, localized or specified and generalized. As far as the manifestation is considered, it is a clear signal that you are experiencing an underlying condition which affects the ski and results in damage, scarring, and many other problems on the skin surface. Now the damaged skin surface serves to be an entry point for microbes, which further increases the chances of an infection.
Well, the occurrence of pruritus ani on the skin can be due to various reasons. It can range from mild skin disorder to the serious systemic disease conditions.
Generally, the irritation or itching can initiate due to the coming into contact with a material physically. Now when the urge to scratch affects the patient, it cause excessive scratching episode that might cause injury to the person.
How to control itching?
When a person is suffering from pruritis ani, the biggest task is to deal with itching sensation caused. Below are listed some easy to try solutions for this problem;
- Break the itch-scratch cycle: Remember, more you scratch, longer the problem will stay around. Moreover, you need to know that the problem can be worse at night. Hence, you can ask your doctor to prescribe an oral antihistamine, which can be taken before bedtime.
- Control over stress: Yes, stress plays a vital role to control itching. And hence, in treating pruritus, it is important to first learn about the underlying status of a patient’s condition. Keeping away from things causing stress proves to be helpful.
- A warm bath: Just having a warm sitting bath can help your control itching sensation. For best relief, you can try it doing three times a day, after bowel movement preferably.
- Food to avoid: Say a big no to beer, liquior, caffines, sodas, excessive amounts of vitamin C, spicy foods, etc. for at least 2 weeks. And when you reintroduce these items into your diet, do one at a time. Reason being, you will get to know what causes the problem and then avoid it in future.
- Numb: This topical anesthetic cream comes with 5% lidocaine which is appropriate to cause a numbing sensation for longer period. So, when you want immediate relief from itching sensation, you can count on this herbal solution.
Last note; it is worth noticing that pruritis ani is more of a symptom than a disease. Knowing how to treat the ailment may relive you from itching episodes. You will get to know these treatments in the next post. Stay tuned!
I want to share my experience with using Dr.numb. I tried nearly every other product when I got my tattoo work done and nothing, I mean absolutely nothing worked like Dr. Numbs cream. it honestly is the best on the market and I want to thank Dr.numb for having a solution to the pain. Thanks Dr. Numb!
I love this cream it works wonders. I was able to lay of the table while he worked on my tattoo for about 2 hours before I needed a break for a smoke. Great product!!
Wonderful for tattoos! Really helps with longer sessions. Applied thick and can't feel a thing. Would definitely recommend!
This is the 3rd time I have purchased this cream I like it a lot it does work just wrap the are for 30 minutes and done you won't feel a thing I have 3 big tattoos and I felt no pain using it
This stuff really does work and is well worth the $$. FYI, the longer you leave it on before a tattoo, the longer it lasts!!