Nature Is Perfect Doctor To Be Consulted For Jock Itch
Itching your head or back is irritating but when it is at the location where you cannot scratch, it becomes a source of embarrassment. The only place you can scratch comfortably is a restroom. But you cannot always have the luxury to find a restroom whenever you get an urge to scratch your itchy area.
A jock itch is not only a source of embarrassment but also accompanies burning sensation along with it. Medical term of Jock Itch is tinea cruris and is known to spread to buttocks and inner thighs if not treated timely.
Pic Credit:- findatopdoc.com
Causes of Jock Itch…
It is said that men are 10 times more susceptible than women to become a victim of jock itch. But let’s dig some root causes which gives birth to this annoying jock itch. Here are the most common causes:
- Tight, non-skin friendly underwear
- Fungal infections
- Tight jeans and pants
- Skin friction in the thigh and groin area
- Build-up of sweat and warmth in the groin
Symptoms of Jock Itch…
Initially, one becomes a victim of an uncomfortable itching in the groin. If good hygiene is followed, you may get rid of itching but if it does not go away, it might progress to rough sores. Further, these sores get filled with pus. The rash spreads evenly on both sides of the body. Also, in rare cases, jock itch can lead to skin abscesses and cellulitis.
Home remedies to get rid of Jock Itch…
The soothing and non-acidic properties of Aloe Vera make it the best remedy to get rid of Jock Itch. It not only reduces the itching but also helps to get rid of burning sensation because of its soothing character. The antiseptic nature of Aloe Vera boosts the treatment of jock itch.
- Cut open the leaf and extract the gel present in it.
- Make sure that the area is clean before its application.
- Apply the fresh aloe vera gel on the affected area.
- Let it remain there for some time.
- Follow this remedy for 2-3 times a day until you get rid of itching.
2.Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree oil is rich in anti-fungal properties that can not only treat jock itch effectively but can also help you to get rid of many other skin infections along with it. The powerful anti-bacterial character of tea tree oil helps in deep cleansing and alleviating itchiness and inflammation associated with jock itch.
- Dip a cotton ball in tea tree oil.
- Apply it on to the affected area.
- Continue it for few days twice daily until the symptoms disappear completely.
Note: – In case of burning sensation on the application of tea tree oil, mix 4-5 drops of tea tree oil in 1 tbsp of coconut oil and then apply it on to the affected area.
3.Garlic and Honey
Garlic is gifted with strong anti-fungal properties and honey is blessed with the soothing characteristic that acts as a natural remedy to treat jock itch. The combo works effectively hand-in-hand and helps you to get away with the irritating itch. Don’t worry about the smell of garlic, adding honey to it will do magic.
- Crush 1-2 cloves of garlic and mix it with one tbsp of honey.
- Apply the obtained pack on the affected area.
- Let it remain there for 15-20 mins.
- Rinse it off and pat the skin dry.
- Follow this remedy twice a day until you get rid of itchiness.
Cornstarch is best suited for sensitive skins and absorbs the excess moisture with ease. It can be found easily in baby powders. On using this remedy your affected area will remain dry and when the area will remain dry, the itching will be reduced eventually.
- Just sprinkle some cornstarch on the affected area.
- Let it remain there.
- Repeating this remedy few times a day helps to get rid of jock itch effectively.
Alcohol is also a remedy that helps to keep the affected area dry because of its quick evaporation. Fungus resides in moist and warm surroundings and using alcohol make this environment unsuitable for their living. On the other hand, alcohol also acts as a disinfectant and anti-microbial agent which helps to get away with jock itch effectively.
- To treat the affected area, use 90% isopropyl alcohol.
- Dip a cotton ball in alcohol.
- Apply it on to the affected area.
- Following this remedy, for 3-4 times a day will work well for treatment of jock itch.
Jock itch is an extremely troublesome skin condition that can be annoying and humiliating at the same time. Treat it during its early stage with above-mentioned home remedies to get rid of it.
I want to share my experience with using Dr.numb. I tried nearly every other product when I got my tattoo work done and nothing, I mean absolutely nothing worked like Dr. Numbs cream. it honestly is the best on the market and I want to thank Dr.numb for having a solution to the pain. Thanks Dr. Numb!
I love this cream it works wonders. I was able to lay of the table while he worked on my tattoo for about 2 hours before I needed a break for a smoke. Great product!!
Wonderful for tattoos! Really helps with longer sessions. Applied thick and can't feel a thing. Would definitely recommend!
This is the 3rd time I have purchased this cream I like it a lot it does work just wrap the are for 30 minutes and done you won't feel a thing I have 3 big tattoos and I felt no pain using it
This stuff really does work and is well worth the $$. FYI, the longer you leave it on before a tattoo, the longer it lasts!!