Natural Remedies to Get Rid Of Dark Circles
Studying for the entire night to prepare for the next day exam may end up in satisfying marks but its other results are no so satisfactory: Dark Circles.
Image Credits : Pinterest.com
A moon ornate the sky with its presence but a moon, when comes under your eyes instead of sky, looks ugly. Dar circles are half moon which resides under the lower eye-lids giving an ugly, depressing look. Dark circles are not formed only because of ageing; instead there are several other reasons for the occurrence of dark circles:
- Fatigue and lack of sleep
- Not removing eye-makeup
Why not treating these dark circles with some natural remedies instead of ointments full of chemicals.
This article discusses some natural remedies that can be helpful to get rid of dark circles effectively.
Tomato give your dark circles a hard blow
Tomato not only makes a dish delicious, but also effectively makes your skin lighter. They contain lycopene, a phytochemical that is beneficial for the skin. Lycopene has also been found to protect the skin from damage. Tomatoes are known to have bleaching properties.
- Mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with one teaspoon of lemon juice and apply the mixture under your eyes.
- After 10 minutes, remove it off with water.
- Repeating this remedy for twice a day on daily basis can shows effective results in getting rid of dark circles.
Rose water will make your skin glow like a rose
On getting the sore eyes, grandmother always asked to rinse the eyes with rose water. It gives soothing effect on tired eyes. Apart from giving soothing effect to the eyes, rose water also rejuvenates the skin and reduces dark circles because of its antioxidant properties.
- Soak cotton balls in rose water and place it on the closed eyelids.
- Let it remain there for at least 15 minutes and relax.
- Following this remedy twice daily for 2-3 weeks will show the effective results.
Almond oil can bury dark circles in the soil
Almonds are an extremely rich source of Vitamin E and since it is a good source of nourishing vitamins, it can be used to treat many skin problems, including dark circles. Apart from treating dark circles, almond oil is also used to make skin soft and supple.
- Before its usage, it is important to note that you have to use the sweet almond oil and not the bitter one, which is used in aromatherapy.
- Apply some almond oil over your dark circles and massage it gently into the skin.
- Let the oil be there for night and wash it off with cold water the next morning.
- Repeat the process until your dark circles vanish away.
Cucumber on eyes is the decision wise
To follow this tip, just switch ON some movie in which women are seen relaxing at spa with cucumber slices on both the eyes. You have to follow the same procedure and feel like queen. Cucumber contains many antioxidants like vitexin, orientin and cucurbitacins which help to treat the dark circles of the eyes.
- Chill the freshly cut cucumber slices for 30 minutes.
- Keep the slices on the dark circles for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, wash the treated area with water.
- Repeat the process twice a day for at least one week.
Potato treat dark circles like a pro
Potato is not only the vegetable which can be mixed with any other vegetable but is also helpful in treating dark circles because of enzymes, starch and Vitamin C it contains. It helps to lighten the dark circles when used raw as it contains natural bleaching agents.
- Make sure the potatoes are chilled and grate them to extract the juice.
- Soak a cotton ball in the juice and place it on your closed eyes in such a way that dark circles get covered completely.
- After 15 minutes of the juice stay, wash the treated area with cold water.
- Repeat once or twice daily for 2 – 3 weeks to see results.
Have a belief in mint leaf
Mint apart from its energizing and refreshing scent, is rich in Vitamin C which makes it effective to get rid of dark circles and improve skin health. The menthol in mint leaves improves circulation, evening out skin tone around the eyes.
- Make a smooth paste by crushing the mint leaves and adding few drops of water to it.
- Apply the paste on the dark circles and leave it for about 10 minutes.
- Wash the treated area with cold water.
- Doing this every night for a week will show some tremendous results.
Your wish to stay beautiful can be fulfilled by implementing any of the above natural remedy. For more younger and beautiful skin, you can use many other natural remedies which may be still secret for you.
I want to share my experience with using Dr.numb. I tried nearly every other product when I got my tattoo work done and nothing, I mean absolutely nothing worked like Dr. Numbs cream. it honestly is the best on the market and I want to thank Dr.numb for having a solution to the pain. Thanks Dr. Numb!
I love this cream it works wonders. I was able to lay of the table while he worked on my tattoo for about 2 hours before I needed a break for a smoke. Great product!!
Wonderful for tattoos! Really helps with longer sessions. Applied thick and can't feel a thing. Would definitely recommend!
This is the 3rd time I have purchased this cream I like it a lot it does work just wrap the are for 30 minutes and done you won't feel a thing I have 3 big tattoos and I felt no pain using it
This stuff really does work and is well worth the $$. FYI, the longer you leave it on before a tattoo, the longer it lasts!!