Let’s Fight Against Blisters Naturally!
The dictionary meaning of blister is ‘a small bubble on the skin filled with serum and caused by friction.’ The dermatologist prescribes many medications but it’s time to burst the bubble with help of some natural treatments.
Most of the blisters are shaped like circles. Moreover, depending on the cause of their occurrence, blisters could itch or hurt a little. They can appear alone or in groups. When they attack in groups, they hurt more.
Pic Credit:- thefacialfitness.com
Cause of occurrence of blisters
There are many reasons that can cause blistering. Following are some main reasons that can cause blisters to occur:
- Friction (Any repetitive friction or rubbing can cause blisters).
- Temperature extremes.
- Chemical exposure (Exposure to cosmetics, detergents, solvents, etc).
- Medical conditions (Chicken Pox, Herpes, dyshidrosis, eczema, etc).
- Crushing and Pinching.
- Excessive smoking.
Types of blisters
Usually, there are three types of blisters as mentioned below:
- Friction blisters
- Blood blisters
- Heat blisters
The most common type of blister is the friction blister. They tend to occur because of increased shear stress between the surface of the skin and the rest of the body.
The reason may be any but there are many natural remedies to get rid of it. In this article, we will discuss few home remedies that can help you to get rid of blisters.
Salt is efficient enough to do multi-tasking and apart from flavoring the food, its anti-bacterial nature helps to fight against blisters, thereby reducing the inflammation and pain caused by it. Besides this, as per the Salt Institute, it has over 14,000 other uses.
Salts draws out the moisture and fluid, preventing bacteria to grow further. This characteristic of salt makes it a perfect remedy against fever blister.
American Academy of Dermatology suggests that the virus that causes fever blisters is very contagious, so precautions are suggested to avoid kissing and sharing any item that comes in contact with your mouth.
- Add one teaspoon of salt in one cup of warm water.
- Rinse your mouth with the obtained mixture.
- Following this remedy for several times a day will help you to get rid of blisters.
2. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is proven to be an effective traditional medicine which can even heal second and third-degree burns, making it the best remedy for blisters. Its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties can help to reduce the redness and swelling that cause pain.
Even researchers from Nigeria reported that Aloe Vera has anti-microbial properties that can neutralize infection-causing pathogens like Staphylococcus aureus and Candida albicans.
- Mix one teaspoon of Aloe Vera gel with one teaspoon of Vitamin E oil.
- Apply a small amount of obtained mixture on the blister.
- Let it remain there until it gets dry.
- Wash it off with cold water.
- Repeat this process for two to three times a day for six days to obtain the desired results.
Turmeric is so useful to treat many skin diseases that it should be readily available in every household. Turmeric is known for its powerful anti-inflammatory properties is suitable for skin conditions like blisters.
A compound called curcumin resides in turmeric which has analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. This compound works by preventing the pro-inflammatory cytokines from triggering the process of inflammation.
The patients suffering from burns were given a treatment of either turmeric and Vaseline or pure Vaseline on 2012 clinical trial. There were more signs of improvement in the group that used Vaseline with turmeric.
- Combine ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder with a ½ teaspoon of rose water.
- Keep mixing it till you obtain a paste out of it.
- Apply the paste on blister for about 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water.
- Follow this process for 2-3 times a day for one week in order to get desired results.
Honey is thick and sweet remedy for many skin diseases. According to the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, the Greek physician Hippocrates endorsed the use of topical honey for skin infections of the legs and mouth sores, undoubtedly including cold sores and fever blisters.
Honey is gifted with anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and analgesic properties that are beneficial in treating blisters, especially on the tongue, thereby promoting the overall health. The high concentration of sugar present in honey makes it difficult for bacteria and fungus to survive.
- Slightly wet a cotton ball with drinking water.
- Dip the same cotton ball in some honey and apply it on the blisters of your tongue.
- Let it remain there for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly.
It’s advised to follow this remedy at least thrice daily for effective results.
I want to share my experience with using Dr.numb. I tried nearly every other product when I got my tattoo work done and nothing, I mean absolutely nothing worked like Dr. Numbs cream. it honestly is the best on the market and I want to thank Dr.numb for having a solution to the pain. Thanks Dr. Numb!
I love this cream it works wonders. I was able to lay of the table while he worked on my tattoo for about 2 hours before I needed a break for a smoke. Great product!!
Wonderful for tattoos! Really helps with longer sessions. Applied thick and can't feel a thing. Would definitely recommend!
This is the 3rd time I have purchased this cream I like it a lot it does work just wrap the are for 30 minutes and done you won't feel a thing I have 3 big tattoos and I felt no pain using it
This stuff really does work and is well worth the $$. FYI, the longer you leave it on before a tattoo, the longer it lasts!!