Laser Hair Removal- A Treat of Science
Annoyed of the time you consume daily on your hair removal? No doubt, many methods are available for it viz waxing, shaving and tweezing and they perform the good job of hair removal but they fail to provide the long term solution for the same. As the time passes, so is the technology improving and people love to adopt the beneficial and efficient technology. This is the reason many people are switching to Laser technology for the hair removal.
Image Credits : Pinterest.com
The data of American society for aesthetic plastic surgery (ASAPS) suggests that in 2016, 1035783 laser hair removal procedures took place and this treatment bagged the third position among all the non-surgical procedures performed in 2016. A rise of about 46.3% has been witnessed since 2009.
Laser hair removal is one of the fastest-growing methods to get rid of the unwanted hairs of the body. The appeal of laser hair removal has its root in its effectiveness, efficiency and convenience. Another reason for its gaining popularity is that laser hair removal can result in permanent reduction of the hair. It is, however, important for consumers to understand exactly what permanent hair reduction means in the laser hair removal industry. According to the FDA, “permanent hair reduction” is defined as being the long-term, stable reduction in the number of hairs re-growing after a treatment regime.
How Laser Hair removal works?
There are 3 stages of our hair growth: anagen, telogen and catagen. In the early part of the anagen stage, when the hair is actively growing, laser hair removal is most effective.
The laser uses specific wavelengths of light that is targeted at the melanin in the hair or the follicle growth center (called as hair bulb). Melanin is responsible for giving color to our hair and skin. The laser beam passes through our skin and is absorbed by the melanin in the hair follicle. The laser converts its energy into heat, heats up the hair follicle and prevents that follicle from growing any further.
Benefits of Laser Hair removal
- Precision- Only the pigmented area of our skin is targeted by the laser such as hair follicle. This is the reason that the skin surrounding the hair follicle gets saved from burning and only the hair follicle is burned.
- Quick treatment- Laser hair removal is much quicker than any other traditional methods of hair removal. Single pulse of the layer can treat plenty of hairs at the same time. Approximately, the size of a quarter can be treated by laser every second. It only takes 20 minutes to perform a treatment on the underarm and Brazilian area.
- Time saving- You spend an enormous amount of time every few days shaving your legs, under arms, bikini line, etc. Just imagine once, how much time you spend in a year on hair removal. Once you get your hairs removed through laser technology, you save your time and worry about hurting yourself continuously.
- Pain Factor– As per the statistics, 48% of people witnessed mild pain when underwent the laser treatment for hair removal. As everyone’s threshold for the pain is different, the pain factor varies from person-to-person. You can expect a pain of gentle pinch or someone hitting you with a rubber band.
- Prevention against ingrown hair- The areas of the body that have been shaved or waxed mostly experiences the ingrown hair. They are caused when the hair is unevenly chopped off with a sharp tip. Laser hair removal is simply the best option and the only solution to prevent and eliminate ingrown hairs.
- Cheaper in longer run- Following the traditional techniques of hair removal, you end up spending so much on razors, shaving cream and waxing appointments. With the decrease in the cost of laser hair removal and continuous increase in waxing cost, choosing laser treatment can actually save you money in the long-run. Kiss a goodbye to shaving creams, lasers and waxing appointments and hug the permanent hair reduction.
Laser hair removal is gaining lot of popularity and many people including celebrities are undergoing the treatment as it is safe, effective, fast and precise. However, in some countries, including the U.S., hair removal is an unregulated procedure that anyone can do whereas there are some places where only doctors and doctor-supervised personnel can do it, while in other cases permission extends to licensed professionals, such as regular nurses, physician assistants, estheticians, and/or cosmetologists.
But everyone is getting awakened and loosening up the regulations so that everyone can witness the miracle that laser performs.
Recently the president of Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, came up with a law which gives beauty industry workers the “right to operate certain tools to perform laser hair removal.” Earlier only medical staff was permitted to operate laser hair removal machinery.
Say no to Razor and switch to Laser.
I want to share my experience with using Dr.numb. I tried nearly every other product when I got my tattoo work done and nothing, I mean absolutely nothing worked like Dr. Numbs cream. it honestly is the best on the market and I want to thank Dr.numb for having a solution to the pain. Thanks Dr. Numb!
I love this cream it works wonders. I was able to lay of the table while he worked on my tattoo for about 2 hours before I needed a break for a smoke. Great product!!
Wonderful for tattoos! Really helps with longer sessions. Applied thick and can't feel a thing. Would definitely recommend!
This is the 3rd time I have purchased this cream I like it a lot it does work just wrap the are for 30 minutes and done you won't feel a thing I have 3 big tattoos and I felt no pain using it
This stuff really does work and is well worth the $$. FYI, the longer you leave it on before a tattoo, the longer it lasts!!