Laser Hair Removal- Some Facts and Side-Effects to Know Beforehand!
In the recent years, laser hair removal has turned into an incredibly significant and important part of the cosmetic industry. In fact a large majority of the people are choosing it over the other traditional methods to get hairless skin. However, before you book your appointment at the nearby laser centre, there is something you must be aware of. Explore essential information here.
Featured Image Credits : Pinterest.com
Let’s face the reality; no one adores a woman with a beard, right?
So, one thing is clear unwanted hair is never alluring view. But the fact is that you cannot keep away them from growing. It is here when you need to look for the best solution for unwanted hair removal. And without a doubt, in the current scenario, laser hair removal turns out to be a perfect way out for those who need a more permanent solution.
Facts have shown that millions of savvy men and women are switching to the latest laser hair removal systems. While it helps them acquire smooth and beautiful skin, it also offers longest lasting results. This treatment has been used as a cosmetic treatment since the past decade. The best thing about laser is that it works well for all areas of the body. You can treat your chin, face, arms, and the rest of the body using laser.
Certainly, the treatment makes unwanted hair and fine lines disappear significantly. Plus, it effectively reduces the unwanted growth of hair permanently with minimal risk. Just make sure it is performed by an experienced plastic surgeon as you cannot let anyone handle your skin. When you get in the wrong hands, it can cause equal harm. There can be burns on your skin or might be you have to scar permanently.
So, before you throw down your cash for laser hair removal, it is important for you to know where it works, the facts, and side effects.
Read ahead for detailed information;
The Working of Laser Hair Removal Treatment…
When it comes to working of laser hair removal treatment, it simply includes a laser which will emit heat energy. Now this energy is absorbed by the skin penetrates, it then reaches deep down the root of each hair strand, and finally damages the follicle. It is this damaged follicle which will not be able to produce any further hair for a long time.
Yes, the treatment is relatively safe, and there is minimum disruption on the skin surface. Though this treatment is effective for most skin tones and hair types, yet it is advisable to consult your physician once before getting it done. Reports suggest that the procedure works best on people with dark hair and light skin. As far as gray, white, light red, light brown or blonde hair is concerned, the results might vary. You might need several treatments and sessions for long-term benefits and permanent hair removal in such case.
Some Facts About Laser Hair Removal Treatment…
Basically, laser hair reduction can be divided into a three step procedure. It involves cleaning, shaving, and scanning of the area which will be treated. You might be aware of the first two steps, but what about the third one?
So, it is during scanning that laser energy is passed through the skin which is absorbed by the pigment in the hair follicle. Besides, here are some important facts you need to know about this treatment;
- Wondering the success rate? For a laser treatment, the success will depend on two major factors, including hair color and skin type. Though results can vary from person to person, yet it effectively reduces 40 to 80% of hair.
- Remember, the chance of hair growth is always there. However, after multiple treatments you will feel a major difference in the hair presence.
- Here it is worth noticing that laser hair removal treatment is effective only on actively growing hair follicles. Hence, don’t rush for multiple treatments. These have to be spaced apart in order to give particular time to the hair follicles to grow again.
- As far as the sessions involved are known, it will depend on several factors like the hair density, area, and the hair growth cycle which has to be treated. Usually, a person needs six to eight sittings as in every sitting 20% of the hair follicles are damaged permanently.
- You are recommended to space the laser treatment at least three to eight weeks apart depending on the total area covered. And yes, this will also depend on the hair growth cycle. For instance, if it is about your legs and arms, it usually requires less frequent hair removal sessions as compared to neck and face regions.
Laser Hair Removal Side Effects…
Although the procedure is said to be usually risk-free, yet it would be unfair to ignore the side effects which are the consequences of laser hair removal.
- If your skin turns red for a few days following the treatment, don’t worry! It is a common symptom as there is likely to be swelling around the follicle after the treatment..
- Then laser on face might also lead to eye injuries. However, this can be avoided by using extra protection for your eyes during the process of laser treatment.
- Besides, itching is a normal side effect of laser hair removal. It can occur during or/ and after the treatment.
- Actually, the use of a laser involves a lot of heat to burn the hair. Thus, there are chances of skin burns. These are common in patients with darker skin. Reason being their skin consists of darker pigments which absorbs the laser more readily. Hence, there are chances of mild burns.
- Another side effect linked with the laser is that it may cause hyperpigmentation and hypopigmentation. While hyperpigmentation is the darkening of the skin which occurs after the laser hair removal, on the other hand hypopigmentation refers to the lightening of skin.
Lastly, you cannot skip off from the pain being caused during the process. Yes, it will be painful, especially if you have a low threshold, it can be unbearable. But you don’t need to panic. You can overcome this fear by using Dr. Numb. It is a topical anesthetic cream with 5% lidocaine. While the application of this cream blocks the pain signals, it will make your skin feel numb for at least 3 to 4 hours. So, now you can get a pain-free laser.
Isn’t that you have been looking for?
Experience hair-free skin in a pain-free manner with Dr. Numb Buy it now!
I want to share my experience with using Dr.numb. I tried nearly every other product when I got my tattoo work done and nothing, I mean absolutely nothing worked like Dr. Numbs cream. it honestly is the best on the market and I want to thank Dr.numb for having a solution to the pain. Thanks Dr. Numb!
I love this cream it works wonders. I was able to lay of the table while he worked on my tattoo for about 2 hours before I needed a break for a smoke. Great product!!
Wonderful for tattoos! Really helps with longer sessions. Applied thick and can't feel a thing. Would definitely recommend!
This is the 3rd time I have purchased this cream I like it a lot it does work just wrap the are for 30 minutes and done you won't feel a thing I have 3 big tattoos and I felt no pain using it
This stuff really does work and is well worth the $$. FYI, the longer you leave it on before a tattoo, the longer it lasts!!