How to Use Numbing Cream for a Painless Waxing?
One thing that holds back many people is the excruciating pain felt during the waxing process. But still we cannot abstain ourselves from having a smooth and hair-free skin. Therefore, a numbing cream has become a popular method for a painless wax session.
The following article deals with use and application of numbing cream for a painless waxing experience.
First we will discuss few basic instructions to follow for a bikini wax session and then usage of the numbing cream for painless waxing:
- People who are diabetic, suffering from psoriasis or any other skin infection or taking Retinol or Accutane should not go for bikini wax session. If you still want to go for it, it’s best to consult your physician to check whether it would be safe for you or not.
- Since pain is a big consideration for bikini wax, therefore aestheticians recommend not to go for wax when you are menstruating or pregnant as pubic area is more sensitive during this time. You can of course apply the numbing cream on the area to be waxed almost an hour before the wax.
- Waxing does hurt, but if your waxer is expert and experienced enough then it can probably hurt less. Therefore, choose an aesthetician who has a lot of experience and will make sure the procedure goes comfortable for you. You can even ask for references from friends and nearby people.
- The length of the hair is another important consideration for a bikini wax session. If they are too long they will be trimmed off by your aesthetician but if they are too short then waxing can be little more painful. If you are planning to go for a Brazilian wax, make sure your hair have the length of about ¼ to ½ inch.
- Swimming or a sun bath should also not be taken for 24 hours prior to the wax. And even after the process is over, you will have to abstain from the same for a few days. If your skin develops redness or bumps, ice would be of great help.
- Exfoliation is must before and after the waxing session to remove the hair properly and easily. Exfoliation helps to open the clogged pores and remove dead cells.
- Another consideration while gearing up for the bikini wax is the type of underwear to be worn during the procedure. It depends upon the level of your comfort zone whether you are comfortable in removing the underwear. But make sure you wear the kind which can be easily washed. If you are fine with it, you can wear a skimpy pair, preferably a paper thong.
- While planning for the bikini wax or Brazilian, you should take an appointment in advance and if you are a first-timer then you can even get the appointment 30 days before. This will only give you time to get mentally ready and clarify your doubts and get acquaint with the aesthetician.
Using a Numbing Cream for Painless Waxing
Dr. Numb is a topical anesthetic which can be directly applied to the skin to reduce the intensity of pain involved in dermatological procedures. It is used widely by many tattoo artists, doctors, aestheticians for various dermal applications such as needle injections, tattooing, body piercing, laser tattoo removal, laser hair removal, body waxing, and other dermatological procedures.
Dr. Numb works blocks the pain signal caused due to the needles or the pulling of hair during wax. It numbs the area which doesn’t allow the pain to be felt. It is suitable for all skin types and has a long lasting numbing impact.
How To Apply Dr. Numb Topical Anesthetic Cream?
- First wash the area to be waxed with soap and water and then dry it properly.
- Then apply a thick layer of Dr Numb cream over the area and rub it thoroughly.
- Also apply an extra, thin layer of cream over the area.
- Next is to cover the area with the saran wrap as the heat due to the wrap will help in enhancing the numbing effect.
- Ask the professional before you remove the saran wrap.
I want to share my experience with using Dr.numb. I tried nearly every other product when I got my tattoo work done and nothing, I mean absolutely nothing worked like Dr. Numbs cream. it honestly is the best on the market and I want to thank Dr.numb for having a solution to the pain. Thanks Dr. Numb!
I love this cream it works wonders. I was able to lay of the table while he worked on my tattoo for about 2 hours before I needed a break for a smoke. Great product!!
Wonderful for tattoos! Really helps with longer sessions. Applied thick and can't feel a thing. Would definitely recommend!
This is the 3rd time I have purchased this cream I like it a lot it does work just wrap the are for 30 minutes and done you won't feel a thing I have 3 big tattoos and I felt no pain using it
This stuff really does work and is well worth the $$. FYI, the longer you leave it on before a tattoo, the longer it lasts!!