How To Reduce Tattoo Pain?
The truth with tattoo making is that it is real painful and it takes a great deal to get one on your skin. But another good thing is that there are ways you can deal with the tattoo pain.
The following article deals with ways to lessen the intensity of before and after tattoo pain.
In tattooing needles are pierced into the skin and this will cause pain anyhow. This is but natural. Although the level of pain also depends on your body’s sensitivity but pain during the tattooing process is inevitable.
Read further to find how you can deal with the tattoo pain.
Pre-Tattoo Pain Relief
If it’s your first time then it’s natural that you would be nervous about the pain but don’t worry it’s not going to be as worse as you think it to be. Moreover, the level of the pain is directly linked with the body part you are getting tattooed.
What to Avoid?
• Alcohol – While most people have the notion that alcohol or drugs will help them cut off the excess pain, on the other hand, alcohol consumption before the tattoo making process makes it unsafe for you. Drugs or alcohol can make the blood thin which cannot help the blood to clot while bleeding.
• Aspirin or ibuprofen – Don’t take any OTC drug thinking it will lessen the pain. Such medicines can only make the tattoo bleed in excess.
What is recommended?
• Tylonel or acetaminophen – These over-the-counter pain killers are comparatively safe and also reduce the pain.
• Dr Numb’s cream – You can apply this numbing cream half an hour before the procedure. This will numb the area and give you a pain free tattoo making procedure.
During The Tattoo
Initially when the needle is inserted into your skin, it is definitely going to pain, but the pain will lessen naturally after few minutes. The reason is that your body releases endorphins naturally when some external stimulus is triggered which reduces the pain.
Sometimes the vibration from the tattoo machine even lessens the pain. But if you feel excess of pain, you can take short breaks in between to make the procedure easy for you.
Bactine and lidocaine based sprays or numbing creams can also help to reduce the pain during the tattoo making. You can check with the artist if he has such products to have a painless tattoo making experience.
Post Tattoo Pain Relief
People have varying notions about pain in the tattoo making. Some feel the pain is worst during the procedure while others think the healing process is the toughest part.
Unhygienic and improper procedure can even result in infection which is again painful.
Following are some things which can help you in relieving pain post procedure.
• Ice– You can apply the ice pack wrapped in a cloth to the affected area. This can relieve you off the excessive pain.
• Numbing Cream- If you experience unbearable pain after the tattoo making, and then you can apply the numbing cream for temporary pain relief. Dr Numb is a popular numbing cream which is widely used for cutting pain in many dermatological procedures. Dr Numb’s cream is a safe and effective numbing cream which contains just 5% Lidocaine which has been declared safe by FDA. It is a safe OTC drug which is used by doctors, aestheticians and artists for giving a painless experience to their customers.
The tattoo making, permanent cosmetics have become popular over the past few years but most people still want painless ways to for these procedures.
I want to share my experience with using Dr.numb. I tried nearly every other product when I got my tattoo work done and nothing, I mean absolutely nothing worked like Dr. Numbs cream. it honestly is the best on the market and I want to thank Dr.numb for having a solution to the pain. Thanks Dr. Numb!
I love this cream it works wonders. I was able to lay of the table while he worked on my tattoo for about 2 hours before I needed a break for a smoke. Great product!!
Wonderful for tattoos! Really helps with longer sessions. Applied thick and can't feel a thing. Would definitely recommend!
This is the 3rd time I have purchased this cream I like it a lot it does work just wrap the are for 30 minutes and done you won't feel a thing I have 3 big tattoos and I felt no pain using it
This stuff really does work and is well worth the $$. FYI, the longer you leave it on before a tattoo, the longer it lasts!!