How can I Use Numbing Cream Before Getting a Tattoo?
Tattoos are no more considered a Taboo today. Their popularity is in full force.While everything related to tattoo is convincing, including the art, design, permanence, removal, one thing about Tattoo, which put people into disbelief is the fact that…Tattoos are damn painful!
Yes, this is true! People who claim that they didn’t felt any pain are telling porky pies. The only thing is the extent of pain can vary depending in factors like individual’s pain threshold, body placement, type of tattoo, etc., but the entire process is definitely painful.
Well, the good news is that to every problem there exist a solution and to get tattoos painlessly, you have Numbing Creams.
Yes, with numbing creams you can relieve some of the pain while getting inked. While there are myriads of options out there, a very well-known and effective brand is Dr. Numb, enjoying widespread popularity globally.
Numbing Creams are topical anesthetic that work by blocking the pain nerves.These come in two forms: cream to apply before your tattoo session; a spray or gel for after use. Dr. Numb is to be applied before the tattoo process starts and the skin is still intact. Dr. Numb should be used prior to the tattooer breaking-in the skin with the needles inserted into the tattoo machine.
How to Use Numbing Cream?
As far as numbing creams are concerned, especially Dr. Numb, these work by blocking nerve endings. Hence, it’s important to use them by following their specified method. These topical creams should be used correctly in order to avoid any long term effects and to make sure it numbs your skin.
Here’s the step-by-step process of using Dr. Numb.
- Wash the area of skin to undergo the tattoo process with soap and water and pat it dry.
- Wear Gloves. Take a good portion of Dr. numb cream in your hand and rub the cream into the area that’s to be worked on.
- Apply a generous layer of the cream over the skin. It should look like it’s approximately 1mm thick all over.
- Shield the cream with cling wrapor a cheesecloth-like material. Leave the entire setting for around 45 minutes to 1 hour before you begin your tattoo session.
IMPORTANT: Do not leave numbing creams on longer than one hour.
- The Tattoo Artist will wipe off the numbing cream with a damp cloth before applying the stencil. Make sure your tattoo artist is also wearing gloves.
What Happens after Using Dr. Numb?
- After you apply the numbing cream, the cream starts working and the tattoo artist can begin tattooing. At this time, your skin starts turning numb and it will not feel any pain for the first 45 minutes to an hour.
- Gradually, the numbing effect will reduce over the next hour or two.
- Think wisely when it comes to using the cream on appropriate skin area, where it will be most effective especially if you have a larger design. If you have work to do on yourunderarms,elbows, or knees, for example, than that might be the best place to begin tattooing first while experiencing the maximum effect of the numbing agent.
As such there are no side effects of Dr. Numb, however, in case of any suspicion consider doctor’s advice for safety.
I want to share my experience with using Dr.numb. I tried nearly every other product when I got my tattoo work done and nothing, I mean absolutely nothing worked like Dr. Numbs cream. it honestly is the best on the market and I want to thank Dr.numb for having a solution to the pain. Thanks Dr. Numb!
I love this cream it works wonders. I was able to lay of the table while he worked on my tattoo for about 2 hours before I needed a break for a smoke. Great product!!
Wonderful for tattoos! Really helps with longer sessions. Applied thick and can't feel a thing. Would definitely recommend!
This is the 3rd time I have purchased this cream I like it a lot it does work just wrap the are for 30 minutes and done you won't feel a thing I have 3 big tattoos and I felt no pain using it
This stuff really does work and is well worth the $$. FYI, the longer you leave it on before a tattoo, the longer it lasts!!