How Are Moles Treated?
Melanocytic naevi scientific name for Moles which are basically cells called as melanocytes which appear like tiny and colored spots on the skin. They are generally brownish in color but can vary from black color to skin -colored.
Not all moles are dangerous but sometimes the moles can turn out to be cancerous. The following blog deals with the ways to remove the moles from the skin before they turn out to be hazardous for you.
Moles can vary in shape from circular to oval, flat to raised, smooth or rough, and acquire different color as the skin ages.
Reasons of mole development
Moles can develop due to hormonal changes, during pregnancy, old age and even during the teenage. Compound moles are dark brownish in color and have a raised appearance. They appear due to melanin producing cells and are mostly develop in the upper and lower layers of the skin. Congenital Nevi develop when a child is born. They need careful attention as they can turn out to be cancerous. Junctional moles have a flat appearance in initial stages but with time they turn out to be slightly raised.
Blue moles are generally raised and are found at the head, neck and arms.
Sebaceous moles develop due to over-activity of the sebaceous or oil glands. They may feel rough when touched and may be yellow in color.
Derma moles are found on the upper part of the body with hair coming out from them in some cases. They can be flesh colored or brown colored as well and are raised.
The skin’s color is due to the presence of the pigment called as melanin which is present in cells called melanocytes. The Melanocytes are found in the outer skin layer and are responsible for transporting melanin to the cells on the surface of the skin.
Generally, the melanin is consistently distributed over the skin but in case the melanocytes gather in groups they result into mole formation over the skin. Although the actual reason for moles is undetermined but they appear in both males and females.
Treating the Moles
Moles are commonly seen and most of them are painless and do not lead to any discomfort. But if they are troubling you, then you need assistance of a doctor at the earliest possible.
The doctor generally analyzes a sample of the mole tissue and in case it is found to be cancerous then the mole and the surrounding tissue have to be removed.
Surgical Methods For Mole Treatment
Moles are removed with the help of surgical methods which involve removing mole through excision or cutting and excision with cauterization.
1. The excision method involves removing the complete mole followed by closing of the incision with the help of stitches. Healing in this process takes a lot of time.
2. Another method is the cauterization method in which the mole is burnt off and then to avoid the area getting infected, antibiotics are used.
3. Many people shave off the mole with the help of a scalpel. But this method should only be followed if the moles appear to stick out of the skin’s surface.
4. Cryosurgery is also a mole removal method in which a freezing liquid is put upon the affected area. This destroys the cells that cause moles.
5. Mole removal is even done with the help of laser surgery as it has a lesser risk of scarring unlike excision method.
Home –remedies for mole treatment
There are many home remedies which have been practiced since ancient times for their natural and safe way of treating the moles.
1. Garlic is one of the remedies for moles which have been in use since ancient times. You just have to place a crushed clove of garlic over the affected area and cover it with a bandage.
2. Onion juice is another way to get rid of moles. You can apply the juice daily until the mole leaves the skin.
3. Ground flaxseeds combined with flaxseed oil and raw honey if applied over the moles can get your skin rid off the moles.
4. Pineapple is another effective remedy for mole treatment. Place a freshly cut pineapple over the mole several times during a day to remove the mole.
5. Castor oil if rubbed over the moles can soften the moles and then remove it from the skin.
6. 5% iodine solution if applied to the skin and then covered with a bandage for a night can also get your skin rid of moles and skin tags.
I want to share my experience with using Dr.numb. I tried nearly every other product when I got my tattoo work done and nothing, I mean absolutely nothing worked like Dr. Numbs cream. it honestly is the best on the market and I want to thank Dr.numb for having a solution to the pain. Thanks Dr. Numb!
I love this cream it works wonders. I was able to lay of the table while he worked on my tattoo for about 2 hours before I needed a break for a smoke. Great product!!
Wonderful for tattoos! Really helps with longer sessions. Applied thick and can't feel a thing. Would definitely recommend!
This is the 3rd time I have purchased this cream I like it a lot it does work just wrap the are for 30 minutes and done you won't feel a thing I have 3 big tattoos and I felt no pain using it
This stuff really does work and is well worth the $$. FYI, the longer you leave it on before a tattoo, the longer it lasts!!