Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Pruritus Ani
Pruritus ani is one of the most embarrassing skin conditions and leads to persistent itching at the exit of the rectum called the anus. With 100 different causes for pruritus ani, one should not take too much stress as nature is the best remedy to treat this problem. Pruritus ani affects 5% population in the USA with men, being more likely to have pruritus ani than women. The commonly affected age group is 40-60, though it affects people of any age, including kids.
Pic Credit:- shape.com
When one suffers from pruritus ani, he is likely to scratch the affected part of the skin which eventually turns out to become rash. It is mostly caused by pressure, moisture or rubbing from clothing. It also affects daily life and self-esteem but instead of getting stressed out, it’s better to treat the problem with some home remedies.
Anal itching may be accompanied by redness, burning, and soreness. Depending on the cause, the itching and irritation may be temporary or more persistent. The urge to scratch the affected area may worsen the condition, so the best solution is to switch to a good topical anesthetic cream. Its application on the skin can numb the affected area for several hours. However, if itching is severe and persistent, it is advised to consult a doctor.
Effective home remedies…
- Apple Cider Vinegar
When it comes to treating the anal itching, apple cider vinegar is considered to be one of the best remedies. Thanks to the antibacterial and anti-fungal properties of ACV which makes it highly effective against various infections. This is the reason that you can make full use of it to control the infections causing pruritus ani.
- Thoroughly mix 2 tbsp of raw apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and drink it twice daily.
- Add 1 cup of ACV to a hot bath and soak in this bathwater for 20 minutes. Repeat this remedy once daily until you get rid of anal itching.
- Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is one of nature’s best gifts to humanity. Its natural healing and soothing properties give relief to itching. Aloe Vera is known for its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties which can help in providing relief from anal itching, soreness, and inflammation. Aloe Vera also helps reduce the irritation of hemorrhoids, one of the main causes of anal itching.
- Extract aloe vera gel from the leaf and take its 2 tbsp.
- Apply it directly to all the itching areas.
- Let it remain there for at least 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with water.
- Repeat this remedy once daily for the effective results.
The anti-irritating and anti-inflammatory properties of oatmeal make it one of the best remedies to treat pruritus ani. Moreover, its soothing effect helps in getting relief from the itchiness. This is the reason that it can be used to treat itchy anus effectively.
- Mix 1-2 cups of oatmeal in a bathtub filled with lukewarm water.
- Soak in this water for about 20 minutes.
- Take bath filled with oatmeal for 1 or 2 times a day for its effective results.
The best thing about yogurt is that it is readily available in every household and the bonus point is that it is a highly effective remedy to treat an itchy anus. But it is important to note that you need to use probiotic yogurt with live active cultures (good bacteria). These bacteria help to prevent the growth of the infection. For treating anal itching, use plain, unsweetened probiotic yogurt only.
- Rub plain yogurt on the affected skin.
- Let it remain there for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse it with warm water and dry the area thoroughly.
- Other than the above-mentioned points, eat 2-3 cups of yogurt daily.
One of the main causes of pruritus ani is the intestinal worms and the remedy of garlic helps to eliminate such worms, thereby treating anal itching from the inside out. Moreover, the garlic is gifted with antibacterial, antifungal, antioxidant and antiseptic properties which can treat any kind of infection that causes anal itching.
- Mince two garlic cloves and boil it in a saucepan with a half cup of olive oil.
- Allow the oil and garlic to mix overnight.
- Apply the mixture the next morning on to the affected areas.
- Let it remain there for about 20-30 minutes.
- Then wash the affected area with water.
- Repeat this remedy once daily for the desired results.
If you are suffering from pruritus ani and using different types of medicated creams to get rid of it, it is highly advisable to give these natural home remedies a chance to treat your disease.
I want to share my experience with using Dr.numb. I tried nearly every other product when I got my tattoo work done and nothing, I mean absolutely nothing worked like Dr. Numbs cream. it honestly is the best on the market and I want to thank Dr.numb for having a solution to the pain. Thanks Dr. Numb!
I love this cream it works wonders. I was able to lay of the table while he worked on my tattoo for about 2 hours before I needed a break for a smoke. Great product!!
Wonderful for tattoos! Really helps with longer sessions. Applied thick and can't feel a thing. Would definitely recommend!
This is the 3rd time I have purchased this cream I like it a lot it does work just wrap the are for 30 minutes and done you won't feel a thing I have 3 big tattoos and I felt no pain using it
This stuff really does work and is well worth the $$. FYI, the longer you leave it on before a tattoo, the longer it lasts!!