Guess Your Skin Disease! Can You Tell Which Skin Condition You Have?
Did you know? Skin is the largest organ of your body which tends to have a problem or two throughout the life. While several skin problems like rashes and pimples are common, there are many you don’t know or can’t distinguish between. However, many skin conditions can be easily recognized than others. Before you see your physicians, test your skills in guessing these well-known skin conditions.
- If You Have Thick and Scaly Patches
- 1 in 50 Americans have symptoms like white, silver or red raised patches of thick, scaly skin due to this skin condition.
- Most affected body areas are knees, scalp, lower back and elbows.
- It is an auto-immune disease and can be hereditary.
- Patient is prone to other diseases like heart disease, arthritis, and diabetes as well.
In Psoriasis, your immune system accidently kills the healthy cells in order to eliminate the foreign cells, triggering the excess skin growth. Therefore, you get the symptoms like thick and scaly patches. It can be suppressed (but not treated) with therapies, OTC medications and doctor’s prescriptions.
- If You Have Flushness and Redness on the Face
- Redness and flushing of the face
- Swelling, visible blood vessels and thickened skin
- Pus-filed blisters and eye irritation
- Symptoms being resolved on their own
- The flare-ups are aggravated by sun exposure, certain food and skin products, alcohol, and extreme hot or cold.
Over 16 million Americans have rosacea while majority of them are above 30. Being a chronic skin condition, the flares ups come and go. It is not curable, however, can be kept in control with oral medications, creams, and minor surgical procedures.
- If You Have lesions, blisters, crusty red patches with intense itching
- It is contagious disease caused by microscopic mite known as the Sarcoptes scabies.
- It passes from one person to another through direct skin contact
- Rashes, thick and gray crusts, blisters and itching (which gets intense at night)
Scabies is infectious skin disease which is caused by Sarcoptes scabies burrowing under your skin. It is believed that nearly 300 million scabies cases occur across the world each year. You get scabies after coming into contact with the infected by shaking hand, having sex or sharing their items like clothing. You are also vulnerable if you have weak immune system, suffering from malnutrition and neurological disease.
Scabies is treated with common OTC medications which are applied from the neck down.
However, you are recommended to see the physician if self-treatment fails to resolve the condition or you are at severe stages.
- If You Have Itchy Rashes
- Excessively Dry Skin with Scaly Patches and Intense Itching
- Flare-Ups and Symptoms are Triggered by Weather Changes, Rubbing, Chaffing, and Coming into Contact with Certain Chemicals
Eczema is a skin condition that is characterized by the red patches with intense itching. It is the common skin condition which is triggered by irritants, allergens, change in temperature, foods, stress and change in hormones levels. There is no cure, but treatment including medications and ointment can ease the symptoms of eczema.
I want to share my experience with using Dr.numb. I tried nearly every other product when I got my tattoo work done and nothing, I mean absolutely nothing worked like Dr. Numbs cream. it honestly is the best on the market and I want to thank Dr.numb for having a solution to the pain. Thanks Dr. Numb!
I love this cream it works wonders. I was able to lay of the table while he worked on my tattoo for about 2 hours before I needed a break for a smoke. Great product!!
Wonderful for tattoos! Really helps with longer sessions. Applied thick and can't feel a thing. Would definitely recommend!
This is the 3rd time I have purchased this cream I like it a lot it does work just wrap the are for 30 minutes and done you won't feel a thing I have 3 big tattoos and I felt no pain using it
This stuff really does work and is well worth the $$. FYI, the longer you leave it on before a tattoo, the longer it lasts!!