Follow the Do’s of Getting a Tattoo and Minimize Your Pain
Tattoos are all around, and billions of people are now wearing them for permanently. Getting a tattoo is very agonising, particularly on areas with a lot of nerves, similar to your torso and lower back. The bigger and more mind boggling the design, the longer time it takes and it may even take various sessions. Little tattoos normally take an hour or two.
In case you’re dying to add a bit of body art, know what you’re getting yourself into. You must be 18 or above to get one. This is what you have to know!
The Do’s of Getting a Tattoo and lessening Pain
- Have a good and healthy meals no less than an hour prior to your tattoo starts
- Drink a lot of water an hour before tattoo procedure starts to stay hydrated
- Wear comfortable clothes as you have to sit for hours and they should be comfortable enough that you can easily get a tattoo on your favorite body part
- Take a good sleep for whole night prior to tattoo process
- Take some gentle pain killers like paracetamol with you and have just in case pain is severe. But, don’t have too much as it can make your blood thin
- Ask your tattoo artist to apply skin numbing creams like Dr. Numb or NumbSkin and if they recommend it for after care, then you must follow it as well
- Listen to the advises by tattoo artist regarding aftercare as they know best
- Bring lollies, breath mints, and food to chew on during the session to keep your energy levels up
- Have a shower and wash before you go. Try not to overdo the fragrance or deodorant
- Bring some music and headphones if you need to distract yourself from pain.
- View your tattoo like a minor medical method and go easy on your body thereafter.
- Have a successful aftercare routine in mind and have the essential antibacterial cleansers, cream and salves bought before you get your tattoo as you’ll need them within an hour of completing your tattoo session.
I want to share my experience with using Dr.numb. I tried nearly every other product when I got my tattoo work done and nothing, I mean absolutely nothing worked like Dr. Numbs cream. it honestly is the best on the market and I want to thank Dr.numb for having a solution to the pain. Thanks Dr. Numb!
I love this cream it works wonders. I was able to lay of the table while he worked on my tattoo for about 2 hours before I needed a break for a smoke. Great product!!
Wonderful for tattoos! Really helps with longer sessions. Applied thick and can't feel a thing. Would definitely recommend!
This is the 3rd time I have purchased this cream I like it a lot it does work just wrap the are for 30 minutes and done you won't feel a thing I have 3 big tattoos and I felt no pain using it
This stuff really does work and is well worth the $$. FYI, the longer you leave it on before a tattoo, the longer it lasts!!