Frustrated By Hemorrhoids? – Prevent Them!
Hemorrhoids are swollen veins in the lower part of the anus and rectum and are also known as piles. The walls of these parts are irritated when they become stretched. Hemorrhoids are most commonly seen in adults and can cause trouble when they become itchy or bleed.
If you are reading this probably even you are one of those people who is suffering from hemorrhoids. Read On to find out about how you can prevent hemorrhoids easily!
Pic Credit:- onlinehealth.wiki
Causes of hemorrhoids:
Causes of hemorrhoids can be multiple. Few of them are listed as follows:
- Aging: Getting older has its benefits and its drawbacks too. One of the major drawbacks of old age is hemorrhoids. In old age, these swollen vessels in the outer rectum and anus can turn bowel movements or activities into acute painful experiences. Hemorrhoids are most common among adults among 45-65 age groups.
- Diarrhea: After cases of chronic diarrhea, hemorrhoids can occur.
- Pregnancy: Hemorrhoids occur more commonly in pregnant women. During pregnancy, uterus enlarges because of which it presses on the vein in the colon that causes it to bulge.
- Constipation: Cases of chronic constipation puts additional pressure on the walls of the blood vessels.
- Heavy lifting: Hemorrhoids can even be caused if you repeatedly lift heavy objects.
- Obesity or genetics: Hemorrhoids can be caused by diet-related obesity. Also, hemorrhoids can be developed as a result of genetics.
Symptoms of hemorrhoids:
People who suffer from hemorrhoids may experience symptoms like:
- Leaking feces
- Irritation or itching in the anal area.
- Discomfort, soreness or pain in the anal area.
- Swelling or lumps in the anal areas.
If you too are hampered by the hemorrhoids, these simple strategies can help prevent hemorrhoid pain from getting in the way of your life. The risk of hemorrhoids can be immensely reduced when stools are kept soft. Following ways can help to do so:
Add fiber to diet:
People who have infrequent bowel movements are more prone to experience the hemorrhoids. But filling up on fiber can help you get rid of it. 25-30 grams of fiber regularly is much-required part of the diet of a person. Great food sources of fiber are as follows:
- Legumes – lentils, black beans, baked beans, split peas etc
- Whole grain – flakes, oatmeal, brown rice etc
- Vegetables – Broccoli, Green peas, artichoke etc
- Fruits – pears, apples, bananas, raspberries etc
Drink enough water:
Drinking enough quantity of water can help to prevent constipation and therefore decreases straining. Drinking 6-8 glasses of water regularly is necessary, it helps the digestive system to run smoothly. Adequate hydration from water is a most effective way to have healthy bowel movements.
Do exercise daily:
Exercising regularly helps you to keep the colon more regular. When you stay active, automatically, your time spent sitting and putting pressure on the veins in the lower rectum is reduced. Remember; avoid those heavyweights and or other strenuous activities. Instead, try those moderate exercise routines such as yoga, walking or maybe swimming.
One of the most common causes of painful or bleeding hemorrhoids is straining and putting more pressure on the veins in your anal region. Lifting heavy objects, a chronic cough or even pregnancy can cause straining.
Lubricate the process:
Eating a mixture of a tablespoon of mineral oil with yogurt at breakfast or lunch allows stool to slide by hemorrhoid more easily. Make sure you don’t continue with this routine for a long time.
Don’t ever delay, don’t even think to:
If you ever feel the urge to go to the washroom, do it immediately. Don’t wait for a long time. Constipation can worsen if you try to put of the bowel movements due to which hemorrhoids are caused.
Use of medication:
For hemorrhoids, many over the counter products are available in the market. Witch hazel infused pads and soothing creams like the iconic brand Preparation H and its generic equivalents are few such medications. Ask your doctor about the medications if the mentioned ones are not useful to you.
Maybe a sitz bath:
Soaking the inflamed area in warm water for 10-15 minutes, two to three times a day can prove to be useful. Don’t ignore or even overlook the relief offered by sitz bath.
In all, still, if you are suffering from chronic hemorrhoids it will be better to get them removed. Rubber-band ligation and laser, infrared, or bipolar coagulation – two minimally invasive techniques help shrink internal hemorrhoids. Sometimes you need to undergo a surgery in order to get rid of certain problems.
I want to share my experience with using Dr.numb. I tried nearly every other product when I got my tattoo work done and nothing, I mean absolutely nothing worked like Dr. Numbs cream. it honestly is the best on the market and I want to thank Dr.numb for having a solution to the pain. Thanks Dr. Numb!
I love this cream it works wonders. I was able to lay of the table while he worked on my tattoo for about 2 hours before I needed a break for a smoke. Great product!!
Wonderful for tattoos! Really helps with longer sessions. Applied thick and can't feel a thing. Would definitely recommend!
This is the 3rd time I have purchased this cream I like it a lot it does work just wrap the are for 30 minutes and done you won't feel a thing I have 3 big tattoos and I felt no pain using it
This stuff really does work and is well worth the $$. FYI, the longer you leave it on before a tattoo, the longer it lasts!!