The most effective method to Help the Swelling After a Tattoo
After getting a tattoo, the area around the new ink experiences heaps of changes as it recuperates itself after the damage brought about by the needles during the inking procedure. Tattoo swelling is one of the symptoms that may happen as the injury and the area around it being to heal.
A swollen tattoo can bring about stress amongst unsuspecting people who didn’t realize this may happen to their new ink, but this article will ideally smother some of those feelings of fear. Keep reading…
The injury caused by tattoo artist’s tool on your skin may result in the swelling of the area after the tattoo has made its mark, especially if the tattoo is situated on your feet, lower legs or lower arm. Minor inflammation and redness after the fruition of a new tattoo lasting one to three days isn’t unprecedented. Luckily, you can handle the issue with basic household items you have at home.
Below are the points telling how to reduce the swelling after getting inked;
- Wrap a commercial ice pack in a thin cotton cloth, or fill a plastic zip-kind bag with ice cubes and wrap it in a thin cotton fabric. The ice pack should not come into direct contact with your skin or tissue damage could result.
- Hold the ice on the inked area for 10 to 15 minutes at a time before removing the ice pack.
- Hold up no less than 15 minutes in between ice application sessions. Repeat as per required for the initial 24 hours to fight swelling.
- Take acetaminophen, ibuprofen, naproxen or headache medicine as coordinated by the product directions. Try not to take headache medicine if you are under 20 years old, unless suggested by a doctor.
- Raise your legs to reduce swelling if you have a foot or leg tattoo. Sit in a chair or prop your feet up with cushions while on a bed.
I want to share my experience with using Dr.numb. I tried nearly every other product when I got my tattoo work done and nothing, I mean absolutely nothing worked like Dr. Numbs cream. it honestly is the best on the market and I want to thank Dr.numb for having a solution to the pain. Thanks Dr. Numb!
I love this cream it works wonders. I was able to lay of the table while he worked on my tattoo for about 2 hours before I needed a break for a smoke. Great product!!
Wonderful for tattoos! Really helps with longer sessions. Applied thick and can't feel a thing. Would definitely recommend!
This is the 3rd time I have purchased this cream I like it a lot it does work just wrap the are for 30 minutes and done you won't feel a thing I have 3 big tattoos and I felt no pain using it
This stuff really does work and is well worth the $$. FYI, the longer you leave it on before a tattoo, the longer it lasts!!