My Ear Piercing Smells Badly. What to Do?
Your whole piercing excitement is diminished when you find your healed ear piercing smelling awful. The smelling condition of the ear is termed as ear funk, ear cheese, piercing funk and ear stink. Needless to say that it is very embarrassing situation when this stinking smell causes huge turn off to the people around you. Even your perfume fails to cover that unpleasant smell. So exactly what generates this unpleasant smell?
Image Source: earpiercingtypes.com
Your body produces sebum being secreted by the sebaceous glands in the skin. It functions as the body lubrication to make the skin waterproof.
But when the same sebum come into the contact of dead skin cells along with bacteria, you get a stinky ear piercing. A semi solid puss like fluid discharges from your piercing.
Fortunately, there are many ways to deal with your ear cheese. Since stinking ear piercing is the sign of infection or allergy, you must follow the aftercare routine to deal with infection, which in turn heals your stinking ears.
Consider Your Earrings:
You may be allergic to the metal of your earrings. If so, you experience itchiness and irritation. Several metals like nickel and artificial earrings can create skin allergy and leave the spot with redness, tenderness, discharge, or itchiness. Replace your nickel earring with the surgical steel’s.
Apart from allergy, an infection is the culprit spoiling your piercing and makes it stinky. This is why you must take care of your ear piercing with these steps:
- Use antibacterial soap and warm water to wash your hands before touching your piercing spot.
- Don’t remove the jewelry until the healing period is over. For example, your ear piercing takes 12 to 16 months to get healed.
- Clean the pierced area with saline water.
- Wash your jewelry in anti-bacterial solution and pat it dry with clean towel
- Change your bed sheets very often as the grimy dirty sheet can transfer bacteria to your fresh piercing.
- Make sure your earring fits. It should not be too tight or too loose.
- Don’t go overboard with cleaning. Only clean the area around your piercing once a day with a mild and fragrance free soap. Soak it once a day using a warm saline solution.
So these tips can treat your stinky ear piercing. If these tips are not useful, you must see your physician immediately before the infection turns worse.
I want to share my experience with using Dr.numb. I tried nearly every other product when I got my tattoo work done and nothing, I mean absolutely nothing worked like Dr. Numbs cream. it honestly is the best on the market and I want to thank Dr.numb for having a solution to the pain. Thanks Dr. Numb!
I love this cream it works wonders. I was able to lay of the table while he worked on my tattoo for about 2 hours before I needed a break for a smoke. Great product!!
Wonderful for tattoos! Really helps with longer sessions. Applied thick and can't feel a thing. Would definitely recommend!
This is the 3rd time I have purchased this cream I like it a lot it does work just wrap the are for 30 minutes and done you won't feel a thing I have 3 big tattoos and I felt no pain using it
This stuff really does work and is well worth the $$. FYI, the longer you leave it on before a tattoo, the longer it lasts!!