Dermarolling Side Effects and How to Avoid Them
Here we have listed the common side effects of dermarolling which are caused by poor aftercare and negligence.
Dermarolling is an amazing cosmetic technique to rejuvenate your skin by reducing fine lines, stretch marks, facial scars, hyper-pigmentation, and wrinkles and sun damage. Besides, it is useful for the absorption of the skin care and topical products. Dermarolling is done with a handheld roller covered in high quality titanium needles to penetrate the epidermal layer of the skin, body or scalp.
In this way, the roller stimulates blood flow to the surface, gives a skin massage, cleans out the pores and stimulates collagen production.
However, many people want to know if dermarolling can pose any side effect.
Dermarolling is safe as long as you are following precautions.
Here we have listed the common side effects of dermarolling along with the ways to avoid them.
- Dermarolling can worsen your rosacea skin condition by raising the level of inflammation. So, you must avoid using dermarolling if you have skin condition.
- Dermarolling can aggravate your skin problems if done over active acnes on your skin.
- Since dermarolling increases an absorption power of the skin, you must apply good quality creams immediately after the process. However, if your product have side effect, derma rolling even aggravates them.
- After dermarolling, your skin remains dry and rough for some days, especially if you use large needles. However, it is normal process as your skin is being renewed.
- Needling can cause bruising, especially if your skin is very thin. The thickness of the skin is determined by age, gender, individual genetics, as well as skin location.
- Dermarolling can be painful. But the pain level varies from person to person, depending on your pain threshold. You can use Dr. Numb numbing cream to minimize the pain while undergoing needling process.
- Even you can have skin redness if you follow the provided instructions. However, it can be treated easily by using quality sunscreen lotions and skin creams. You can notice small traces of needle punctures on your skin which will be healed within 3-4 days.
- You can experience some itchiness which is also perfectly normal.
- Using contaminated roller can cause severe skin infections. So, you must sterilize it after every use. All you need to soak it in the alcohol solution.
So, these were the common side affects you can have after dermarolling if you don’t follow the instructions. Again, derma rolling is safe and effective as long as you are following precautions.
I want to share my experience with using Dr.numb. I tried nearly every other product when I got my tattoo work done and nothing, I mean absolutely nothing worked like Dr. Numbs cream. it honestly is the best on the market and I want to thank Dr.numb for having a solution to the pain. Thanks Dr. Numb!
I love this cream it works wonders. I was able to lay of the table while he worked on my tattoo for about 2 hours before I needed a break for a smoke. Great product!!
Wonderful for tattoos! Really helps with longer sessions. Applied thick and can't feel a thing. Would definitely recommend!
This is the 3rd time I have purchased this cream I like it a lot it does work just wrap the are for 30 minutes and done you won't feel a thing I have 3 big tattoos and I felt no pain using it
This stuff really does work and is well worth the $$. FYI, the longer you leave it on before a tattoo, the longer it lasts!!