Hair removal is one of the important tasks for a woman than any other thing. Despite so much of pain and trauma, they make sure every inch of their skin is hair-free.
Although there are many methods for hair removal but all of them are not considerably safe. Waxing and laser hair removal are the two ways which are used to get rid of hair.
The reason people prefer waxing over shaving is the long-lasting effect of waxing than shaving and the other is shaving seems more horrifying than waxing.
Laser hair removal works with a particular heat energy that produces some heat energy at the root of the hair. This increases the temperature of the hair follicle and destroys the stem cells.
And many women are opting for the laser method because of long-term effects of the procedure. With a good laser treatment you don’t have to worry about every month’s trouble for removing hair from upper lip, legs, or bikini area. This is like one of the most sought after fantasy for a woman.
But still many people opt for waxing because of their own reasons. Keep reading the article to decide what would suit you best.
It takes around three to eight different sessions for six weeks for laser therapy to complete. Laser removal is done with the help of a beam which targets the particular body part, therefore its best to get it done from a trained professional.
But despite getting it done from a trained professional there are other things you need to take care of before going for the laser treatment.
- Many people have the notion that hair will be removed in the first go. But that’s not true, there is not going to be a miracle in just one session. You will have to undergo multiple sessions which will last for few weeks to finally get rid of all the hair.
- For effective results laser hair removal is done as per the hair’s growth cycle which is not clearly known. Therefore, only about 20 to 30 percent of hair can be permanently removed in any session.
- Women with dark skin -Asian, Latino, and African American face difficulty in using this treatment for hair removal. In laser treatment, it becomes difficult to remove hair from the darker skin as it becomes difficult to distinguish between hair and the skin. Therefore, laser hair removal is effective on women with fair-colored skin and dark hair.
- Another important fact about laser hair removal is that it’s difficult to remove hair from a sun-exposed skin. During summers, the body temperature is too high that the heat is not able to find its target and this result into skin burn.
- You need to prepare yourself for the treatment and stick to the instructions of your beauty therapist. Don’t wax or shave any hair from your body before or after laser treatment. If you wish to trim off, then you can use a scissors but its best to consult before you do it.
- You can also use a numbing cream for a pain free experience. Dr numb is a popular numbing cream which if applied one hour before the procedure ,then can make your skin insensitive towards any kind of pain for up to 3 hours.
Waxing involves simply pulling out the hair follicle directly from the root. While waxing can make the ingrown hairs appear but lasers can even make you trouble free from ingrown hairs.
- One important thing about waxing to be remembered is not to use products with Retin-A or benzoyl peroxide before getting waxed. Such products can strip off the cells of the skin and result into excess peeling than normally.
- For bikini wax session you need to follow some strict instructions by your aesthetician. Shaving using a razor is strictly prohibited before and after your bikini wax session.
- Exfoliate your skin before going for a wax session as this can open up the clogged pores which can help in proper waxing.So, finally you have both the procedures in front of you with their own benefits. Decide whatever suits you best but never ever shave.