All You Should Know About Moles!
Mole is definitely a beauty mark but when mole attains its plural form, it tends to become scary and ugly for some. Moles either attack alone or attack in groups. Moles can appear anywhere on the skin and can live for as much time as they want.
Image Credits : Pinterest.com
Apart from being a mammal or chemical weight, mole is also termed for skin imperfections. Moles are unwanted skin growths which appear as small, dark brown and black colored marks or spots. Mostly the moles are not harmful and they rarely become cancerous. Medically, moles are called as Melanocytic Nevus.
What causes mole?
- Genes- The genes are inherited from the parents. Most of the families have a history of an abnormal condition of moles which are known to cause skin cancer. As time passes, some moles can change the way they look. If you have moles due to the reason of hereditary, then it is advisable that you consult a dermatologist as soon as possible. They may be cancerous.
- Over exposure to sun- When you tend to do lots of fun in the sun, the chances of getting moles increase. Skin with more sun exposure has more moles, although moles can also occur on sun-protected areas like palms, soles and genitals. The UV rays generated by the sun are harmful for the skin, giving rise to moles.
- Hormonal changes- Change in the hormones of the body paves way for the formation of moles on face, neck and any part of your body. So, Moles may appear during puberty too.
- Pregnancy- A great number of hormonal changes occurs in the body of woman when she is pregnant. Such hormonal changes can act as a reason of small and big moles. Such moles tend to leave the body when a woman gives birth. If you had moles before pregnancy, they might get bigger and darker during pregnancy.
Symptoms of Moles
The most common symptom can be observed when your skin starts to form a spot of brown or black color.
- Color, shape and size- A spot may vary in shape, size and color. Moles can be brown, tan, black, red, blue or pink. They can be smooth, wrinkled, flat or raised. They can vary in shape from oval to round. Moles are usually 6mm in diameter.
- ABCDE Guide- The following ABCDE guide can help to identify whether it is a mole or any other spot:
- “A” is for Asymmetrical shape:one half is unlike the other half.
- “B” is for Border:The boundary of moles is irregular and blurred.
- “C” is for Color: Look for growths that have changed color, have many colors or have uneven color.
- “D” is for Diameter: The spot of a mole is larger than 6 millimeters across or smaller than 6mm.
- “E” is for Evolution: Moles can be changing in size, shape, and color.
Treatment of Moles
Moles do not knock at the door of your skin because of your age. Moles can occur at any time and at any part of your body. But the bottom line is to get rid of these irritating and sometime embarrassing moles. Are you upset of such moles group?
Try some natural remedies first to get rid of these moles.
- Tea Tree Oil and Cumin for Moles
Tea tree oil is noted to be very effective when it comes to remove moles. Just apply 2-3 drops of the oil several times a day for the best results
Alternatively, you can also use ground cumin as a herbal paste. Apply the paste to the mole for up to three weeks.
- Garlic or Apple Cider Vinegar
Take a garlic clove and cut it in half. Take a piece and tape it to the mole. Leave it for at least 4 hours. Repeat it daily although the smell might be unbearable.
Soak the cotton ball with equal amount of water and apple cider vinegar. Now, place it on the mole and tape it there. Leave for 8 hours so that apple cider vinegar gets soak into the mole. Repeat the procedure on daily basis.
There are many other natural remedies that can be followed for mole removal treatment.
- You have to see a doctor if you have a mole which causes:
- Burning or Itching sensation
- Shows any of the ABCDE characteristics listed above
- Grows back after having been removed before.
Doctors remove the moles with help of following treatments:
- Cutting- There are some moles which can be easily shaved off. While there are some moles whose cells go underneath the skin and doctor might follow the path of deeper cutting to remove the entire mole and prevent it from growing back.
- Burning- A wire is used, which becomes hot when an electric current is passed through it. This wire is then used to burn off the upper layers of the skin. You may require more than one treatment to remove a mole.
- Freezing- A small amount of freezing super-cold liquid nitrogen will be sprayed in a small amount on the mole affected area. A small blister might occur on the mole affected area but they tend to heal on its own.
You might feel a pain while undergoing medical treatment. Doctor might use numbing cream to make your treatment painless.
I want to share my experience with using Dr.numb. I tried nearly every other product when I got my tattoo work done and nothing, I mean absolutely nothing worked like Dr. Numbs cream. it honestly is the best on the market and I want to thank Dr.numb for having a solution to the pain. Thanks Dr. Numb!
I love this cream it works wonders. I was able to lay of the table while he worked on my tattoo for about 2 hours before I needed a break for a smoke. Great product!!
Wonderful for tattoos! Really helps with longer sessions. Applied thick and can't feel a thing. Would definitely recommend!
This is the 3rd time I have purchased this cream I like it a lot it does work just wrap the are for 30 minutes and done you won't feel a thing I have 3 big tattoos and I felt no pain using it
This stuff really does work and is well worth the $$. FYI, the longer you leave it on before a tattoo, the longer it lasts!!