A high quality skin numbing cream will be more effective if properly applied. Some of the users might not be following the correct directions on how to apply the cream and that can result in a lower numbing effect or health hazards to the person using it. It is important to use the topical numbing cream as directed to achieve the full effect.
Here are the steps on how to use Dr. Numb numbing cream for waxing, tattooing or other skin procedures and achieve the optimum level of numbness:
- Wash the area receiving treatment with soap and water. Dry area completely. This first step is important so that the cream will be absorbed well by the skin and the procedure will be less prone to any infection.
- Apply a thick amount of numbing cream to the area and rub in thoroughly. A good amount is when the cream fully covers the area to be treated.
- Cover the cream with plastic wrap (saran wrap). The heat under the plastic wrap helps activate the cream. and keeps the cream form drying off.
- Leave it on for 1 hour. Some users try to shorten the time but it can reduce the effective duration of the numbing cream.
- Remove the plastic wrap and wipe the cream off.