7 Other Uncommon Painful Procedures That Need A Numbing Cream
Numbing creams are pretty common in tattooing, waxing, and injections. But there are a few more uncommon dermal procedures that numbing creams are used. They are not as mainstream as the ones previously mentioned, but they are painful as well and can use some topical anesthetic. Here are the 7 other uncommon procedures that need a numbing cream
- Body piercing – people have used topical anesthetics in body piercings. Some more painful body piercings are belly rings, nose rings, eyelid rings, and nipple piercings. These can all benefit from the use of a numbing cream.
- Dermabrasions – this procedure is only performed by certified dermatologists since it involves “scraping” the surface of the skin with an apparatus. This is quite painful as well that’s why a numbing cream is used to prepare then skin before the treatment.
- Fraxel Skin Treatment – Fraxel uses laser treatment to reduce wrinkles, fine lines, scarring and age spots. Its also only performed by certified doctors and involves some pain so the numbing cream is helpful to make the patient more comfortable.
- Derma-roller – also known as skin needling, are rollers with needles sticking out of the surface. This is used to resurface the skin by rolling it on the skin. Basically, you are poking your skin with multiple needles at the same time. And this will be very excruciating without the aid of a numbing cream.
- Laser Tattoo Removal – another dermal procedure involving lasers to burn out the skin areas with tattoo to erase them from the skin. Doctors need to use a numbing cream on the patient to make them more comfortable.
- Laser Hair Removal – similar to Laser tattoo removal, but this time the laser is used to burn the laser from the skin. Since lasers are involved, a cream for numbing will also be needed.
- Cannulations – this is a medical procedure where a tube is inserted into the body to drain fluid or administer medicine to a patient. A topical anesthetic can help the patient feel more relaxed during the insertion of the tube during cannulation.
These are some of the more uncommon uses of numbing creams in the medical industry and how they are utilized. If you know other procedures where you have used the cream, do let us know in the comments, we’d be delighted to hear from you!
I want to share my experience with using Dr.numb. I tried nearly every other product when I got my tattoo work done and nothing, I mean absolutely nothing worked like Dr. Numbs cream. it honestly is the best on the market and I want to thank Dr.numb for having a solution to the pain. Thanks Dr. Numb!
I love this cream it works wonders. I was able to lay of the table while he worked on my tattoo for about 2 hours before I needed a break for a smoke. Great product!!
Wonderful for tattoos! Really helps with longer sessions. Applied thick and can't feel a thing. Would definitely recommend!
This is the 3rd time I have purchased this cream I like it a lot it does work just wrap the are for 30 minutes and done you won't feel a thing I have 3 big tattoos and I felt no pain using it
This stuff really does work and is well worth the $$. FYI, the longer you leave it on before a tattoo, the longer it lasts!!