7 Things to Keep in Mind Before Nipple Piercing
Nipple piercing has been gaining popularity among both male and females. It makes you look great and increases your nipple sensitivity. However, like other forms of piercing, you must think over several factors before nipple piercing. Let’s check out the factors you must keep in mind while going for nipple piercing.
Image Courtesy: Midnightsmojo.com
Nipple piercing may sound the most progressive form of piercing, but actually it dates back to 14th century. It is said to be the fashion statement among ladies during the Victorian period. Today, we have many celebrities with nipple piercing like Kylie Jenner, Bella Hadid, Rihana, Erin Wassaon and Christina Aguilera. Apart from looking unique, people do nipple piercing to increase nipple sensitivity, enlarge small nipples and rituals.
But nipple piercing also comes with pain and infections. This is why you must consider several things before going for that. Let’s know the steps you must follow for a safe nipple piercing.
Pick a Professional Piercing Studio:
By assigning your piecing job to inexperienced or bad artist, you can go wrong with your nipple piercing. So, it makes sense to do some research before hiring the piercing artist. Ask from your friends who are “piercing enthusiast.” Check their websites and social media pages along with the reviews they get.
Visit the Piercing Parlor Before:
- You must visit the piercing parlor shortlisted by you to check the practices and hygiene standards over there.
- Check if the area is clean, safe and professional looking.
- Don’t hesitate to ask them to show the piercing license.
- Check the machinery and sterilizing equipment.
- Ask the clients getting piercing there.
- Check if the piercer keeps hygienic standards, for example, washing his hands before handling the task.
Think About the Advantages and Disadvantages of Nipple Piercing:
Before getting nipple piercing, you must think about the pros and cons relating to it. Ponder over the things like life or relationship which can be affected by nipple piercing.
Yes, nipple piercing looks great and helps your nipple stimulate. Plus, it can increase the size of small nipple. But the downsides of nipple piercing include pain, slow healing time and serious infections due to the poor after care. You may like to get your both nipples pierced as piercing is believed to increase the size of nipples.
Choose Your Jewelry:
Steel ring piercing and steel barbell piercing are the two popular types of jewelry used in nipple piercings. Rings are the popular piercing, but you must go for the barbells if you are in the contact sports, like rugby or soccer, as they less ripped when you collide with others. However, the type of piercing depends on the size and shape of your nipple. Avoid the jewelry having high amount of nickel as it may make you prone to infections and allergic reactions.
Deal with the Pain:
For some people piercing is painful while for others it may be a breeze. It depends on your pain tolerating capacity. You can use a numbing cream 40 minutes before getting your nipple pierced. Well, nipple piercing is quick and you feel the sensation for few seconds.
- After getting your nipple pierced, make sure to take the proper care of it.
- Keep the area clean to avoid the infections. Wash off the debris or blood by soaking it in water.
- Dress carefully to avoid the snagging of your piercing jewelry.
- Women must wear sports bras at night to protect their nipple piercing.
- Apply sea salt based aftercare piercing product onto your piercing.
What You Should Avoid?
- Avoid taking bath in hot tubs and swimming pools.
- Don’t use soap, alcohol based or harsh cleansers
- Don’t touch your nipple piercing every now and then and don’t let the others to do that
I want to share my experience with using Dr.numb. I tried nearly every other product when I got my tattoo work done and nothing, I mean absolutely nothing worked like Dr. Numbs cream. it honestly is the best on the market and I want to thank Dr.numb for having a solution to the pain. Thanks Dr. Numb!
I love this cream it works wonders. I was able to lay of the table while he worked on my tattoo for about 2 hours before I needed a break for a smoke. Great product!!
Wonderful for tattoos! Really helps with longer sessions. Applied thick and can't feel a thing. Would definitely recommend!
This is the 3rd time I have purchased this cream I like it a lot it does work just wrap the are for 30 minutes and done you won't feel a thing I have 3 big tattoos and I felt no pain using it
This stuff really does work and is well worth the $$. FYI, the longer you leave it on before a tattoo, the longer it lasts!!