6 type of dermatitis you must be aware of…
Dermatitis is also known as eczema, but that’s not completely true. If it is about its presentations and causes, there are many. Research has proved it that Dermatitis develops as a result of the immune system, genetics and environment. So, if you are looking forward to the types of dermatitis, here is something you need to know.
If you ask for the definition of dermatitis, it is quite simple, inflammation of the skin. Based on this almost any rash can be thought of dermatitis, inclusive of psoriasis, seborrhoea, or skin cancer. But not every rash appearing on the scalp defines the ailment. For many people dermatitis is synonymous with eczema. However, this is not true.
Here are the varying types you must be aware of, checkout:
- Atopic dermatitis: Being a persistent, itchy, intermittent rash, it is often treated as eczema. In most of the cases, it occurs during childhood. However, unlike other diseases, this condition doesn’t improve with age. As far as stress is considered, it isn’t found to cause this type of dermatitis, but doctors believe that stress can aggravate the condition. If it is about the cause, genetic predisposition to have dry irritable skin along with malfunction in the immune system results to the same. Generally a lotion containing hydrocortisone is said to the most common treatment for this type of dermatitis.
- Neurodermatitis Psoriasis: When eczema and dry skin combines, it often results into this type of dermatitis. In this case, you generally feel itchy in the specific part of the body. Especially, it can be your neck or the extremities. For the solution, you can count on hydrocortisone lotions and creams which will help you soothe your skin.
- Stasis dermatitis: In extreme cases when fluid builds under the skin for any reason, it results into stasis dermatitis. Basically, the legs are most affected part by this type of dermatitis. The presence of fluid beneath the skin then blocks certain processes and lead to unhealthy skin.
- Contact or allergic dermatitis: As the name suggests, contact dermatitis is said to be caused when a healthy person comes into contact with an environmental irritant. Especially, if a person in allergic to the particular environ condition, it causes a rash to break out on the skin.
- Seborrheic dermatitis: When a person is facing off a red rash with yellowish oily scales, then this type of dermatitis which tends to develop on the scalp. It can happen to the small children too. For infants, it is called cradle cap. And in adults having Parkinson’s appearing, it leads to higher risk for seborrheic dermatitis. Basically, they are under a great deal of physical stress, hence the chances to develop the same are greater. Even the individuals with oily hair are more prone to this type of dermatitis. A shampoo with salicylic acid, tar, pyrithione zinc, or ketoconazole as the major ingredient can help you fight this problem.
- Perioral dermatitis: Well, it is said to be one of the forms of rosacea. However, you cannot overlook this problem and you must consult a doctor if the rash appears. You cannot experiment self-treating with those common skin care products. So, don’t rely on those different types of moisturizers, lotions and topical corticosteroids, as they will only make it worse.
It can be influenced by factors like irritating chemicals, food allergies, infections, humidity, and even stress. And if the experts are to be believed, this skin ailment tends to worsen under extreme levels of temperature and humidity. Not to forget sweating and psychological stress can also cause dermatitis to flare up.
I want to share my experience with using Dr.numb. I tried nearly every other product when I got my tattoo work done and nothing, I mean absolutely nothing worked like Dr. Numbs cream. it honestly is the best on the market and I want to thank Dr.numb for having a solution to the pain. Thanks Dr. Numb!
I love this cream it works wonders. I was able to lay of the table while he worked on my tattoo for about 2 hours before I needed a break for a smoke. Great product!!
Wonderful for tattoos! Really helps with longer sessions. Applied thick and can't feel a thing. Would definitely recommend!
This is the 3rd time I have purchased this cream I like it a lot it does work just wrap the are for 30 minutes and done you won't feel a thing I have 3 big tattoos and I felt no pain using it
This stuff really does work and is well worth the $$. FYI, the longer you leave it on before a tattoo, the longer it lasts!!