5 Easy Solutions To Heal Cartilage Piercing Bumps and Infections!
You landed here looking for some home remedies to treat cartilage piercing bumps or infection? Well, you are at right place. Explore some easy and efficient solutions to treat your cartilage piercing.
Image Courtesy: Pexels.com
So, you got a cartilage piercing done. It looks amazing, but only if you take proper care. Yes, at times it is found that these piercing get those “bumps”. It can be defined as a small and raised scar, which appears around the exit holes of the piercing.
There can be various reasons why you have to deal with them. In some cases, they are caused by loose or incorrect jewelry, in other rough handling or infested piercing gun can be a reason. In the last post, causes and symptoms were explained in detail. And as promised, this time it is about dealing with the bumps and infections at home.
Tea Tree Oil: With a cotton ball dabbed in a bit of tea tree oil, clean around the piercing hole. Repeat it around 4 times a week. Remember, for few skin types tea tree oil acts strongly. In this case, you can mix the oil with water.
- Saline Solution: It is highly recommended healing solution. You can use it for both, piercing bump and infection. All you need to do is add 1/8 teaspoon of non-iodized sea salt rocks to one cup of water. Now dip the healing tissue in water for 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse your piercing with this for 2 – 3 times a day. Alternatively, you can also apply a sodden tissue on your piercing.
- Chamomile Tea Bags: For the sea salt treatment given above, there is something you can do more to make it even more effective. Just placing a chamomile teabag in the solution container, and bring it to boil. Now place it on your piercing. It can be done after applying the sea salt for wonderful results.
- Lemon Juice: Do you know it work amazingly well for your cartilage piercing bumps? The reason being it helps fighting bacterial infections. It is simple, you need to squeeze a few drops of lemon in a bowl and add some water to it. Now with the help of a cotton ball, apply the mixture on the affected area and repeat a couple of times.
- Aspirin: The reason why it is here in the list is that aspirin helps open up your blood vessels. Thus, it triggers healing. So, you can crush a tablet and add it to water in a bowl. Make a paste out of it and then apply it with a cotton ball.
- Water Cleaning: In the worst case, when you don’t have any of the above mentioned things at home, there are still chances of relief. You can use warm water to reduce the pain. Dab a flannel cloth in warm water, with it clean the affected area. Keeping the pierced area clean will accelerate healing.
Although these bumps aren’t dangerous, yet they can turn unpleasant and itchy. Hence, if you want to get rid of cartilage piercing bump and infection, you must try these to make them disappear. While these treatment options usually work great, in any case, the infection gets severe you need medical attention.
I want to share my experience with using Dr.numb. I tried nearly every other product when I got my tattoo work done and nothing, I mean absolutely nothing worked like Dr. Numbs cream. it honestly is the best on the market and I want to thank Dr.numb for having a solution to the pain. Thanks Dr. Numb!
I love this cream it works wonders. I was able to lay of the table while he worked on my tattoo for about 2 hours before I needed a break for a smoke. Great product!!
Wonderful for tattoos! Really helps with longer sessions. Applied thick and can't feel a thing. Would definitely recommend!
This is the 3rd time I have purchased this cream I like it a lot it does work just wrap the are for 30 minutes and done you won't feel a thing I have 3 big tattoos and I felt no pain using it
This stuff really does work and is well worth the $$. FYI, the longer you leave it on before a tattoo, the longer it lasts!!