There are people who have overly sensitive skin. In those cases, using topical anesthetic or numbing creams should be done in strict precaution. These people require permission or prescription from their physician to make sure that they will not come up into an adverse allergic reaction. There are initial symptoms of allergic reaction for you to watch out. Here are some of the signs and symptoms to look into: Continue reading
How many painful skin procedures have you encountered? How many times have you wished to have something that could help you bear the pain? Worry no more because there are a lot of products out in the market that you could possibly use to numb the area that needs to have a procedure with. Lidocaine cream is one good example of product that could help you numb your skin prior any procedure. Continue reading
If you are considering a numbing cream to help you out with your painful skin procedure, its good to do some research first and know which numbing cream is the best choice for you. Here are five facts about numbing creams that you should know:
- The Ingredients: Lidocaine and Prilocaine – most numbing creams available in the market contain lidocaine, prilocaine, or the combination of both. These are the two known numbing agents that produce the best numbing effect when having a tattoo, getting waxed, or having injections.
- Advantages and Disadvantages – The main advantage is the comfort that you will experience while having painless procedures. For some, the main disadvantage is the time that it takes for the numbing cream to take effect – usually about an hour for full effect.
- Quality is Everything – Not all numbing creams are the same. You should only choose high quality brands such as Dr. Numb because getting cheap low quality brands, especially online, is a huge health risk. Also make sure that it is approved by the FDA and other government health organizations.
- Numbing Creams For Different Purposes – some numbing creams are marketed only for tattooing, others are only for waxing and injections. These are only for marketing purposes and the composition of the numbing creams are just the same. Other brands like Dr. Numb are for generic use, which means it will be effective in different dermal procedures.
- Application – Make sure to read the instructions included in your numbing cream before using it. For the common numbing creams, you need to apply an ample amount to the skin area then leave it on for about an hour. Some instructions suggest putting on a plastic wrap around it so make sure to read the instructions carefully on how to apply it properly.